Chapter 17

Keith's POV
"MULLET! WAKE UP!" I groan, rubbing my eyes, looking up at the evil form of Lance, a déjà vu of two nights previous.
"What do you want?" I scowl up at his grinning form. "What time is it?"
"12:30 stupid! You've slept for 12 and a half hours!" He states, poking me in the nose, sending tingles all over my face. I sit bolt right up, sending Lance flying (to my happiness), his tan body in a heap on the ground.
I yawn, getting up out of bed and ignoring his cries for help (somehow he managed to get stuck in between the beds). "Why didn't you wake me up?! Everyone is probably waiting!"
"Oh," he rubs his neck, blushing slightly "you just looked so peaceful, I didn't want to ruin that. Also, everyone else just got up as well, it was a late night after all!"
I narrow my eyes "Fine, but let's get ready, we only have a day left!" Yep, five days has passed that quickly and we're leaving tomorrow at 11:30 pm.
He shrugs, getting unstuck, and starts taking off his shirt.
I turn beet red, though I didn't mind the view "Wha-what are you doing?"
"Jeez," he laughs though he turns a bit red too"You don't have to be such a pervert, I'm just getting changed like you said."
"Oh," I blush even redder, thoroughly embarrassed.
"If you want I can get changed in the bathroom." He says walking towards the bathroom.
"No, no, it's fine!" I say a bit too loudly for my taste and he smirks. Oh no.
He walks up to me, still shirtless (both to my delight and dismay), and tilts my chin up towards him until if one of us moves in slightly our lips will be touching. I gulp down air as he presses his forehead against mine, his blue eyes staring into my purple ones. "You know, all you have to do is ask and I'm yours." He says, leaning in even closer until our lips are only a centimeter apart. His eyes were shining with some emotion I couldn't understand, making me feel butterflies all over. He looked at me as if I was a precious thing and I breathe in through my nose, inhaling and memorizing his scent. Strawberries and chlorine. If I had the courage, I would lean in and join our lips, but I'm too much of a coward, too scared of rejection, to do what my heart was screaming at me to do. I quickly take two steps back, putting as much space between us. Something like disappointment crosses his face but why would he feel that.? All we are are friends.
"Umm, I'm going to get changed in the bathroom!" I say hurriedly, grabbing my clothes and sprinting through the door. I close and lean against it. What just happened?
------
Lance POV
Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.
What was I doing? I didn't even think.
The way he blushed when he looked at me shirtless drove me crazy for reasons that I don't know and I want to punch a wall.
Why. Do. I. Want. To. Kiss. Him?
He's my friend. My friend. Not just my friend but my best friend. Best friends don't like, let alone love, each other! Whoah, where did that come from? I need to get my head in the game.
I contemplate throwing myself off the roof to get rid of all these confusing emotions but I still have a whole life ahead of me as well as many guys and girls.
I finish getting dressed and turn to the mirror and shoot finger guns, reciting a line from one of my favorite books "You're beautiful and everyone loves you!" If only that included Kei- umm Beyonce, yep Beyonce.
Keith walks in a minute later, wearing his usual black t-shirt, red bomber jacket, and tights that give me a great view of his butt. He coughs awkwardly "Umm, let's go?" He asks, avoiding my eyes. Damn it, why do I always have to ruin things!?
"Ya sure" I reply, following him through the door and down the stairs.
Everyone was waiting in front of the giant fireplace, including Matt.

He gets up and brushes off his expensive khaki shorts. Point for him, every self-respecting boy owns a pair of khakis. It's a rule left unsaid. He smiles brightly at Keith and I, "Did you guys sleep well?"

"Sleeping Beauty over there did," I reply, gesturing to Keith, putting his hair in a ponytail (not now nosebleed!) "I only got 5 hours from all the muttering he was doing. Oh, and his bear mating calls." I shrug and Keith whips towards me, rage written all over his face. I swallow in fear, whoops.

He walks towards me and backs me to a wall "I don't snore doofus! If anything, you're the one that makes all that noise, dreaming about hot soccer players!" He scowls, leaning even closer to me. I smile slightly, good, we're back to normal "Do you know how disturbing some of the things you say are!?"