Chapter 7- Lack of Sleep

Akuma POV:

'Where...Am I...?'

I looked around and saw only darkness.

'Why am I here?'

The sound of broken glass came behind me and ended with a thud. The shound echoed, and I started hearing voices. 

Flith...Trash...

MURDERER...! 

I fliched at the last word. 

Murderer...! Die! Kill yourself! Demons deserve to die! Die...Get buried alive! 

I was frightned. I felt warm liquid around my ankles, quickly rising up. A foul stench of death and blood made me cringed. I was drowning in blood.

Someone help me...Please...'

Akuma, just die!

"NOOO!"

I was breathing heavily, sitting upwards on my bed. My body felt hot and sweat was coming from my forehead. 

"Ow..."

A voice whined next to me.

"K-Kakashi...?"

My eyes widened in confusion. He was covering his nose, pain in his eyes. I felt my blood pounding from my hand, meaning that I must've accidently hit him in the face. 

"Ah...Sorry...Here, let me help you..."

I got a tissue as he sat on my bed, letting me clean up his nosebleed. I froze when a drop of blood landed on my finger. Kakashi waited silently.

"Did you have that dream again?" 

I looked at the blood as it fell, staining my blanket.

"Huh? Y-Yeah..."

I kept on staring at the red stain. Taking a tissue himself, he cleaned up the remaining blood.

"It's fine, Akuma. It was only a dream..."

"I know...But every night I dream it..."

I sighed, worried as I lied back down on my pillow. 

"What are you doing here anyways?"

My eyes narrowed at Kakashi.

"I was going to ask for your blood stained clothes..."

Kakashi stood up, crossing his arms as he waited for an answer.

"In the closet..."

I pointed to the closet door as he walked over and opened it. 

Taking out the clothes, he observed the blood carefully.

"You having a bad day, Akuma?"

"Does it matter?"

"Not really." 

He walked out the door and I closed my eyes.

'Im going to clear my head...'

I walked out my bed to change into a simple T-Shirt and shorts. I left my headband, taking my sword, and put on a simple white mask with red paint, looking like splattered blood.

 I went out my window, silently, and jumped on the roof, heading towards the closest forest. 

Kiba POV:

"Lord Hokage!" I stormed in his office as he was smoking his pipe. "What is it, Kiba? Did you gather the intel I asked for?" "Lord Hokage! She's a demon!" 

His face changed into something that I couldn't quite read, but was firm. "Now, Kiba, why dont you give me the paper first and then we'll talk? For now, calm down..." I frowned as I sat in the chair and put the papers on his desk. 

I was growing impatient with each puff of his smoke, glancing at the ticking clock. The Third Hokages facial expression changed and I grew curious. 

"Produces mist and kills victim with no sound and in a few seconds...?"  he read aloud, looking at me with disbelief. "Yes! That's why I'm saying-""Kiba, we're not going to ban Akuma."  

Shock. Shock filled my mind. And panic. "Are you crazy?" I blurted out without thinking. "You have completed your mission, now go take a break. Come back for another mission when you feel fully rested."

I clenched my hands into a fist, slamming my hands down on my desk. He was silent, and hardly fliched. I grit my teeth, staring right into his eyes. "She's a demon, Lord Hokage! And I'll prove it!" And with that, I left the office, looking for Akuma. 

Akuma was sitting on a tree and I hid behind some branches, not too far away, but far enough so she wouldnt sense my presense. 

She sighed. I waited. 'Whats with the mask...?'