Eleven: The Bridge Battle

Y/N POV

"That boy is an impressive youth," Zabuza compliments, referring to the battle-ready Sasuke. "But he is nothing compared to Haku. Go, Haku." Zabuza orders Haku to attack immediately.

You believe that Sasuke can handle the kid but still you had a bad feeling about the masked figure, how good was he...really? Not only that be he had the overall advantage, he had seen all you fight,  while he remained a mystery.

Your faith in Sasuke faltered a little after you had thought about it, the odds were not in his favor.

Haku begins to spin around on one of his feet. He speeds up, and soon you can no longer see his actual body—just a small tornado coming towards you.

Sasuke hesitates in confusion at this attack, but suddenly smiles confidently. As Haku reaches stabbing distance of Sasuke, he simply holds out a kunai and meets Haku's weapon evenly. The two weapons hit with a clink, and Haku's spinning tornado is brought to a standstill with a puddle of water landing at his feet. Both boys stand, weapon to weapon, staring each other in the eye.

You blink in surprise as you wonder how Sasuke detected that movement at such a fast pace.

Sasuke had speed which you counted as an advantage for him but obviously Haku had it too, it didn't seem like a big advantage anymore.

Kakashi narrows his eyes. "Sakura, stay on Tazuna." He orders. "Y/N, come here. Let Sasuke handle this kid."

You leap back to Kakashi's side and prepare your own kunai knife. Looks like Sasuke will be in charge of handling Haku while you get a shot that the big guy, Zabuza.

You look up at Kakashi for instruction while tying your hair up, but he puts a hand on your shoulder. "Wait..." Kakashi says, his eyes narrowed as he watches Sasuke's battle.

You nod your head, watching the fight from a different angle, you felt confident because of the fact that your sensei had trusted you to do more than guard Tazuna and sit on the sidelines.

The two ninjas are now facing each other with Sasuke's kunai and Haku's needle touching. They both fight for dominance evenly, but Haku has two fingers held up in a sign by his face. Haku's single hand begins to make signs for a jutsu, and Kakashi strengthens his grip on your shoulder.

"A one handed jutsu?" Kakashi whispers in shock. His eyes dart to the puddle at Sasuke's feet, and he pales.

You've never heard of such a feat, but apparently Kakashi has, and his clear concern worries you.

Oh No, another disadvantage for Sasuke. You have to help him!

Kakashi's death grip gets slightly tighter as he feels you tense, and you know you are stuck there. It felt like if you moved your shoulder the wrong way Kakashi would break it, no hesitation.

Haku finishes the single-handed jutsu quickly and stomps his foot into the puddle of water at his and Sasuke's feet. The water flies up into the air and forms a circle around Sasuke and Haku, and you and Kakashi share a worried look.

Completely oblivious to the doom awaiting him, Sasuke has his eyes closed and his free hand up by his face in a meditative pose. You get ready to call out a warning, but something about Sasuke's calm nature tells you that there is no need.

The water in the air begins to separate into little droplets, and these droplets freeze into thin, needle-like slivers. The needles begin to rain down onto Sasuke, and your eyes widen in fear.

You just watch defenseless, unable to save your teammate as the needles shoot towards him. With it comes a blast of ice, mist, and wind which force you to shut your eyes. 

You open your eyes to find that... Sasuke is gone. You look up to see Sasuke at least 20 feet in the air, slowly falling back towards the ground.

Kakashi smiles next to you, and you wonder how Sasuke learned such a trick. "He's applying what I taught him." Kakashi muses to himself clearly proud and relieved his training had come in handy.

You smirk as you realize Sasuke is using the chakra-tree lessons in new applications. Now that you know how to channel your chakra, you can channel it to your feet and use the power to jump high, just like Sasuke did.