Chapter Seventeen

Kyle makes sure he looks out for Will in the following weeks, always checking in on him and making sure he himself opens up to more things to Will. At the end of the day, Will opened up about the worst thing that has happened to him, the worst thing that could happen to, and what that almost lead to. Kyle would have thought it unfair if he didn't open up himself back.

Thankfully, the taunting from his old 'friends' had died down, now, even though it almost ended with yet another fight. Kyle wonders why he was ever even friends with them horrible lot in the first place, they were never worth it.

He feels sorry for Will. He hates that he feels that way, because he knows he shouldn't. Will doesn't want pity at all, so why does he feel sorry for him? He supposes, really, it's just the thought of losing the people you love the most, the people who are supposed to guide you through life and make sure you age with grace. It pains Kyle. He wishes he could just wrap the older boy up in his arms and just apologise for how shitty the world is, apologise that it was him it had to happen to. It really makes him wonder how people can have so much faith in humanity when bad things such as this happen.

As half-term approaches, there is a sense of excitement and freedom that hangs around the students. They cannot wait to be out of this place, but Will thinks the opposite. He wishes half-terms weren't even a thing. At least that way, he'd feel slightly normal. Dan, Kyle, Woody, and Charlie are buzzing, this means there would be a break from their detentions for once.

Woody meets his friends by the cafeteria at the end of school, and the five of them leave to start heading towards the bleaches on the playing field, somewhere they always end up.

"You know," he begins with a smile on his face. The others know this is either going to end in a brilliant idea or a foolish prank. "I've been thinking."

There is a mutual understanding over them that there will no longer be any pranks that are quite as extreme as the firecracker prank, but the school would be stupid to think that Woody and Charlie's trouble-causing side is completely gone.

"Our two-week half-term is coming up," he grins, watching for the boys' reactions.

"I can't wait to go home." Kyle grins, but that grin drops when he looks to Will, and shuts up immediately.

Dan, on the other hand, also can't say anything. He's dreading going home, seeing his mum and his step-dad. He's not thought about them in quite a while, although this is mainly because he refuses to let himself.

Charlie is same. The only reason he is here is that his parents just couldn't cope with how much trouble he caused at home. He was constantly getting into trouble at school, and it even resulted in the police being called a few times. He doesn't want to go back there, where they may as well have a banner streamed across the front door that reads NO FUN ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.

"My mum says that I can have a few friends stay over during it, if you want. Well, she said a few, which I presume means two, but I'll take it as meaning all of you." Woody grins, his whole body flowing with positivity and charisma. "It'll be great! My family are really chilled out, you'll love them!"

The group grins, apart from Will. He doesn't feel as though he is included in this.

"Really?" Dan grins, his eyes lighting up with optimism. He can't wait to not see his parents. "That'd be so awesome! Will she mind?"

Woody shakes his head, "Of course not," He smiles, "She'll just be glad to have a houseful again. Oh, and, Willers, that means you, too. You're part of my little family too, you know?"

The hot, deep, heavy pants from the young couple fill the older boy's bedroom as they move together on his bed, lips and souls connected as they have never been before, each movement more passionate than the last. There is an overwhelming feeling of love that hangs in the air that neither can deny nor ignore, a steamy passion that just tells the boys that they are meant to be together.

When they are finished, Kyle holds Dan close to him, almost as though he would lose him if he let go. Their bodies are covered in a thin film of sweat and they take deep breaths.

"I love you so, so much," Dan tells Kyle, putting his hand on his chest and tasting the sweat on Kyle's chest as he kisses it. "I love you more than my stupid brain has the words to say."

Kyle gives a breathless laugh as he wraps his arm around Dan, staring up at the ceiling. "I love you, too. You're honestly the best thing about this place. I'd still be with those assholes if it wasn't for you."

"I'd thank Woody- he was the one who got us together," Dan chuckles, his eyelids feeling heavy. "Thank God he did."

Kyle shuts his own eyes, moving himself into a more comfortable position.