Chapter Twenty Two

"Oh my God, where the Hell are they?" Woody questions, beginning to worry more and more. A frown is spread across his face, but panic is clear in his eyes. It's been about two hours since they last saw Kyle and Dan, and he knows that if they don't find them soon, he's gonna get his arse kicked when he gets home. "I'm sure they were right behind us!" 

Will looks up and down the main street, "I'm not sure," he says with a shrug, "You know what they are like, though. They always wonder off. They were with us in the comic book shop, I'm sure they were." 

Woody thinks back to the shop- was that, what, an hour and a half ago? Two hours? Three? They were moaning about how people claimed they were the 'biggest fans' of superhero films, yet they have never read any of the comic books.

"Yeah," he nods, biting the inside of his cheek. "They were moaning, like always..."

"Knowing them, they're probably sat in a McDonald's eating," Charlie giggles, grinning. "That's what they'll be doing." 

"Knowing them, yeah, probably." The young drummer knows that they could be anywhere in Plymouth, but he decides to follow Charlie's advice and go to McDonald's to see if they are there.

"No, playing the keyboard is easy, Ky. Come on, put one finger there, and put another one there," Dan says, gently taking Kyle's hands and showing him which keys to press. They stand next to each other, shoulders and arms touching. "Here, that's it. Now press that one, then this one," 

Kyle follows his boyfriend's instructions, pressing gently down on the keys and trying to follow the small rhythm Dan gave him.

They stand in a music shop that is down a small street they stumbled upon, although it's much bigger on the inside than looks on the outside. The cashier is paying absolutely no attention to them, instead playing on her phone.

"There we go, look. I told you-you could do it!" Dan grins nuzzling his head onto Kyle's shoulder. 

"I'll mess it up," Kyle mumbles with worry in his voice, biting his lip when he finishes speaking. He hates having to do things that involves too much thinking. His mind isn't made to do multiple things at once, "I'll forget it half way through." 

"No, you won't. You're just nervous. I have faith in you, Ky. You can do it if you set your mind to it." 

"There you are with your encouragements again," Kyle smiles, his eyes crinkling with laughter lines. He loves how supportive Dan is of him all the time, it really helps him feel better about himself. "I love you," 

"I love you, too." Dan beams a smile that almost fills the room up with light, slipping his hand into Kyle's back pocket. "You know, Kyle, there's a McDonalds across the road," he mumbles, keeping his voice low so the cashier can't hear them at all (she doesn't seem to be listening to anyone, but he doesn't want her listening to this full stop). 

"Yeah... You hungry again?"Kyle teases, winking at Dan, who just raises his eyebrows in response. 

"Yeah, but not for food. They have bathrooms, you know? And we're quiet," Dan moves his hand along Kyle's bum, biting his lip and looking up at Kyle. 

"...What?" Kyle asks, his face twisting in confusion, but then it clicks. "Oh- oh! No, no, no, no! I'm not... Not in McDonald's, Dan. That's... Ugh." He can't believe Dan- DAN!- would even suggest such a thing!

"Come on! Why not?" Dan pleads, a face full of disappointment. Kyle's not going to lie, he did consider the idea for a split second.

"Kids eat in McDonald's!" He says, shaking his head and squeezing his eyes shut to get rid of the image. "God forbid we got caught- we'd be arrested." 

Dan frowns, suddenly realising why his idea is actually very bad. "Yeah... Yeah, let's not do that actually... But still, as soon as we can, yeah?" 

Kyle smiles, "Yeah." 

"Fucks sake, thought you two had been pissing kidnapped or something!" Woody sighs in relief as they find the pair on a small street, leaving a small music shop. "Why'd you go wandering off?" 

"Just fancied a walk," Dan grins, jokingly. "Nah, we just kinda lost you guys. Oh well, we're here now," 

"What've you done to your cast?" Kyle asks  Charlie, noticing a big yellow M drawn on it.

"Well," Charlie grins, the same grin that spelt mischief before the disaster, "Willy here decided to bet that if he could eat twenty chicken nuggets in two minutes, I'd have to draw in on my cast since it's not going to be off for ages." 

"I did it," Will grins cheerfully, patting his stomach. "It was glorious." 

Kyle cocks an eyebrow. "I could do double that." 

"Oh yeah?" Will replies, grinning.

"Yeah." 

"Have a tenner, then?" Will is quite up to eating another round of chicken nuggets. 

"Yep." 

"You're on."