Chapter 6

Robert made his way back to work. He couldn't believe she'd made him so hard. He was on the verge of taking her right then and there. However, he knew he couldn't.

Once he was in his office he sat down and sipped his coffee, awaiting his few patients for the morning.

The morning passed by fairly quickly. A little girl with chicken pox, an elderly man with a limp and a teenage boy with tonsillitis rounded off his morning appointments.

Robert sighed. He couldn't stop thinking about Diana's body against his and the way her curves would feel against his hands. He knew he hadn't felt this way about someone since...

A knock at his door brought him out of his daydreaming state.

"Come in." Robert said placing his coffee down on the desk.

"Hey, Dr.Collins. I was wondering if maybe I could have a quick check up?" Sandra, one of the temporary receptionists, asked.

"Sure take a seat on the bed." He said getting his stethoscope out.

"So, what seems to be the problem?" Robert asked coming to stand in front of her.

"Well, I've got a rash over my chest and stomach." Sandra said, somewhat flirtatiously.

"Right, well can you remove your top please?" Robert asked, closing the curtain and waiting on the other side.

"Okay." Sandra calls after what seems like forever.

Once Robert pulled back the curtain, he was taken aback to see Sandra lying down on the bed... in only her bra and panties, with no signs of a rash anywhere.

"Sandra, I only asked you to take your top off. You haven't got a rash. Please don't waste my time." Robert said shortly. He sat back down, resting his elbows on the table and fingers at his lips, trying in vain not to clench his hands.

The sound of a whipping curtain surprised him and he turned around to dismiss Sandra, when suddenly there were manicured hands on his face and Sandra attacked his lips with hers. Normally Robert would've gone for a girl like Sandra. She was tall, beautiful, with blonde hair and an amazing figure to boot, but she wasn't a match for Diana. Robert grabbed Sandra's arms and pushed her away.

"Listen Sandra, I'm not interested, I'm seeing someone. This stops immediately. Do you hear me?" He said, trying to keep his cool.

"But, I just thought-" Robert stopped her before she could finish.

"You seem like a nice girl, but I'm not interested." He said and walked out of the room.

Fuck, the audacity of that girl, Robert fumed. He marched down the hallway, narrowly avoiding a temp doctor who had just exited their office. He heard them muttering something about an "excuse me" but he ignored it, heading for the main reception.

"Jane, what time is my next appointment?" He asked, quickly shrugging on his coat.

Jane started tapping away on the keyboard, "Your next appointment is at 14:10 pm, Dr. Collins."

"Fantastic, I'll be back after lunch."

Around fifteen minutes later, Robert arrived outside of the cafe he was at only an hour ago. He looked across the road to see Diana closing up the cafe.

That's weird, he thought, they didn't normally close till four. Robert got out of the car and decided to make his way over to Diana.

"Closing up early?" He asked. Diana jumped, dropping her keys on the pavement.

"Jesus, Robert, you scared me. What are you doing here?" She asked, picking up her keys and locking the door.

"I just wanted to come see you, I finished for lunch and thought I could eat you out- No, wait, I mean take you out to eat!" He stammered, his cheeks turning a violent shade of red. He turned how attention to shutting the bakery shutters, cursing his stupidity under his breath.

"Yeah, did you have somewhere in mind?" Diana looked up at Robert and gave him a shy smile, ignoring his faux pas. She jammed the keys into the rusted keyhole and began fiddling around with the lock.

"Dammit!" She muttered, feeling somewhat flustered, knowing that Robert was watching.

Robert hid a smile and gently nudged her to the side, taking the keys and lock in hand.

"Here," he said, pulling the key out of the now closed lock and handing them back to Diana. "You should see about getting a new padlock."

Diana smiled in thanks and pocketed the keys, "I should head down to the DIY store tomorrow, then. Anyway, where were you thinking of for lunch?"

"Well," Robert began, running a hand through his hair. "How about we head to the DIY store now? Then we can go for lunch together." Robert suggested.

"That sounds good," Diana nodded in agreement. "Your car, or mine?"

"I'll drive." Robert offered, and placed his hand on Diana's back, escorting her to his car.