Never

Alex's POV
Tobin was under water for a long time and I got nervous quickly. I called out but there was no answer. 'Hope she didn't come up' I yelled crying. Ashlyn and Hope took their shirts off and jumped in. I started to cry, and I mean cry hard. Hope got back up, shook her head fast, and grabbed a flash light before jumping back in. Soon after Ashlyn and Hope came up holding Tobin. 'OH DEAR GOD!!' I cried as they pushed her on the boat. Lauren pushed them out of the way and started CPR acts on her. She grabbed my hand and told me to help her. I was a crying mess and I felt like throwing up. 'Tobin please, baby' I cried before connecting our lips. 'Don't leave me' I sobbed again before connecting again. 'Damnit Tobin, don't let me go and come back to me' I yelled through more cries and connected our lips one last time. I pulled away and she began to go in a coughing fit and gasping for air. Lauren praised and hugged her tight, and scolded her for scaring the shit out of everyone. When she stood up I hugged her and cried into her. 'You were dying' I said while sobs wrecked over my body. 'I love you Alex, more than anything. The whole time I was out the only thing I could think of was getting back to you and getting one more chance to show you and tell you.' she said brushing the hair out of my face. I couldn't help it I kissed her with everything I had. 'You are never allowed to leave me Tobin Heath.... ever' I cried when I pulled away. She kissed my forehead before brushing away a few of my tears with her thumbs. 'Never' she said and by then we were back to the lake house. 'Do you need any help walking' I asked but she shook her head. 'No I got it, but can you help me get these cuts cleaned?' she asked and I hadn't even noticed the huge gash bleeding bad on her stomach and more blood running down her leg. 'Of course' I said grabbing her hand and walking with her to the house and up to our room. I took her to the bathroom and she jumped up on the counter. I got the medical kit and started to clean the cut on her stomach. 'You know... none of this would have happened if you had done the truth.' I said not looking at her. She laughed a little. 'I am serious babe, why didn't you?' I asked pressuring her. 'Same reason why you didn't answer your's.' she said and she had a point. 'Well I'll tell you now.... yes it's true... I could never bring myself to have sex with Ryder. I even tried to picture it as being with you, but when we'd get so close I'd make up some excuse to get out of it.' I said while cleaning the cut on her thigh. 'Mine was a true too' she said and it shocked me. 'I wrote probably twenty letters that I never sent. I think I even stamped them all.' She said playing with her fingers. 'C-can I read them?' I asked nervously. She smile 'one day... yes...' she said and I just nodded okay. I yawned and she smiled at me. 'What?' I asked. 'You're everything... so perfect.' She says brushing my hair out of my face again. She kissed me gently and I kissed her back. We soon went to bed in the same peaceful way we had the night before.

{Next morning}

I woke up to an empty bed and instantly wanted to know where Tobin was. I figured out quickly when I heard her noise of her guitar come from the balcony. I came around her and kissed her temple and she smiled. I was shocked to see her eyes watering. 'Tobin what is it.' I asked sitting right in front of her on the table in front of the chair she was in. 'I finished another song. It is....well.... almost perfect. Can you be the first to hear it?' She asked and I smiled at the question and nodded. She returned my smile and started to play.

I remember what you wore on our first date
You came into my life
And I thought hey
You know this could be something
'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing

So maybe it's true, I can't live without
you
Well maybe two is better than one
There's so much time, to figure out the rest of
my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two, is better than one