29 (Rain, Rain)

"Here," she'd taken them to his house. "I think this will fit you."

Fit. There's no way in hell a fully grown 6'2 man's clothes are going to fit a 5'6 women.

"I could wear the pants as a one peice suit," she says holding them to her small chest.

Hotch, uncharacteristically, blushes," sorry. Long legs."

She smiles and takes them to the bathroom.

The shirt smells fantastic as she pulls it over his head. The pants are big and warm.

She takes a few experimental steps and decides on folding the bottom of the pants.

"Coffee?" Is the first thing she's offered as she finds Hotch in the kitchen. "I've got uh...gummies too. Some Macaroni as well." He smiles bashfully and hands her a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." She says taking it in both of her hands.

He nurses his quietly and watches her over the brim of the cup.

While she was in the bathroom he must have towel dryed his hair because it's no longer dripping wet. His clothes also changed. Instead of his signature black suit he wears jeans, a white t-shirt, and a brown sweater.

"So.." she says placing her cup on the table. "I just want to apologize again for blowing up on you."

Hotch stays silent for a moment.

"I pushed you Emily. You don't have to keep apologizing."

She ventures carefully to his side and gently presses a small kiss to his cheek," I'll keep apologizing until you stop blaming yourself for everything."

He swallows heavily," I don't know if you've noticed but I make a lot of mistakes."

She pats his shoulder and steps a safe distance away," not as many as you think."

She'd heard, years ago, that the eyes are the gateway to the soul. Aaron Hotchner's genetics took this to heart.

You look into his eyes and you're swallowed whole by those melted chocolate orbs. They're mesmerizing and captivating. One look and you're forever under his spell.

"Would you like some more?" He offers quietly nodding to her cup.

"No thank you."

He nods and taps at the counter.

The clap of thunder makes her jump and Hotch's fingers itch to comfort her. She rubs her arms and the hair on the back of her neck stands up.

"You okay?" Hotch asks taking a step towards her.

She looks at the kitchen tile," little cold."

He smiles and goes to the living room to pull the blanket off of the couch but when he turns she's there.

"I was going to get you a blanket," he says holding it out.

"Oh," he wraps it around her shoulders and the thought of leaning into him comes to the fore front of her mind.

They separate and Emily mourns his body heat.

"You know," Hotch says clearing his throat. "If I shouldn't blame myself you most certainly shouldn't blame yourself for... for what Doyle did."

If not for the heavy down fall of the rain outside it would be dead silent in the room.

"It's just not fair, for you to blame yourself. You couldn't have-" Hotch is only silently stunned when Emily interrupts him with a kiss. He's silenced as all his concentration goes to her lips and her hand snaking up the back of his neck.

Just as his lungs begin to burn she pulls away and pulls him into a tight hug.

"Why do you have to be so sweet?" She asks into his shirt and he slowly works up the courage to hug her back.

"JJ says it's my Southern charm." He smiles when she laughs in his arms. In his arms.

They're silent again and Hotch's heart races on.

"Well I like it," she whispers and Hotch can feel the heat on his cheeks worsen.

She pulls out of his arms and clears her thoat," can I...um I'm gonna just go watch the rain."

It hits him hard that he's the reason she's not at her apartment relaxing. He should still be out there in the rain and she should be home.

"Come on," she motions and he snaps to attention. He follows her silently to the window and he watches the bright smile that falls across her lips.

"Isn't it beautiful?" She asks and to him it's not. This kind of day back home would be awful for him but he nods anyways.

"Yeah..."

She hooks his arm up and leans her head against his shoulder.

His eyes graze over the vast area over them. The puddles that bounce with every new rain drop. The few people hurring along the streets, desperate to find shelter. One solitary man seating out on his porch glad to be soaked in the cold down pour.

"....it's nice."

Sorry I've been so inactive...however I do promise to update later.
-SH