ii

Some says that the greatest love of all is a one sided love. Loving someone without anything in return. Giving someone your all without expecting to  receive  it back. What about leaving the one you love? Leaving someone you love for their safety is greater, that's what Jeremy Anderson thinks. 

"Kasalukuyan na nakakulong ang gang sa likod ng kontrobersyal na Slave Auction. Sa ngayon ay inaasikaso na ang deportation ng mga miyembro nitong gang mula sa Japan. Hindi  napasama ang Pinuno na tinatawag nilang Falcon dahil sa  kanyang pagkuha nito sa sarili niyang buhay sa mismong oras na pagdakip sa kan'ya ng mga pulis."

"Finally," Jeremy said. He closed his eyes and took a deep breathe before finally letting out a big smile.

"King, what's the next plan now?" it was Gab who asked, his second in command. They were in a car watching the news report on a phone.

"Gusto ko na bumalik."

"Sa campo po?"

Gab was about to start the car when Jeremy spoke once again.

"Sa Pilipinas," he said. The thoughts in his head can't stop him from smiling so wide, almost teary eyed, "It's time to see her."

"King sino po?"

" Just drive Gab, we need to pack up a lot of stuffs. Chismoso ka pa."

Natatawa na napayuko si Gab. Ngayon lang niya narinig na maging ganito si Jeremy. He sounded excited and happy for once. Like a little kid ready to dive in a tub of candy.

"Bakit ka parang kinikilig?"

"Gab, kailan ka pa naging madaldal?" 

Gab couldn't hold it in. He finally gave up and laughed loudly. 

"Ngayon ko lang po kasi kayo nakitang ganito kasaya, ang tagal na natin dito sa U.S. This is the very first time! Hindi ko lang po mapigilan."

"Alam mo ba kung bakit ikaw ang napili ko na isama sa kung saan man?"

"Dahil po sa nakita nin'yo na kakayahan-"

"Nope. Dahil ang akala ko, tahimik ka at hindi mo ako dadaldalan nang ganito."

"King, iniiba mo lang ang usapan."

Gab gave up and just started driving. His quirky personality reminded him of someone that he left back home. Someone that he also missed. 

Looking down, his phone lit up to show an adorable picture of him hugging a beautiful girl. They were both wearing tank tops and cargo pants. It wasn't that noticeable at first but there were two swords hanging behind her back, and far behind them, a tall guy is posing by making a huge heart with his arms above his head. 

"I'll be back soon," he whispered.

Back in the Philippines, the same tall guy from the phone is busy choosing the best cooking pot and ladle to use. He reached up to the highest shelf of the cabinet and grinned as soon as he felt how heavy the pot is. 

With his eyes filled with mischief, he rushed to the huge door at the end of the second floor of their wonderful mansion. Making sure to not make any sound, he almost crawled on the way in.

He took a very deep breath and shouted at the top of his lungs, "Good morning sunshine!" 

The loud sound of the ladle hitting the pot filled the entire room. It sounded like someone got drunk and decided to play drums.

"Rise and shine! Sheak is here to wake you up! Wakey wakey! Eat your breaky breaky!" Sheak did his best to wake up the woman who is unfazed. 

"Bossing! Gising na! Wiwoo-Wiwoo-Ah!" his energetic voice was cut out as he started to choke on his words, "Bo-bossing, 'di ako ma-ka-hinga."

"Ang ingay mo Sheak,"  the lady who was just in bed is beside him in just a second, already choking him with ease.

"Sige na lumabas ka na, baka mabaril pa kita!" pagbabanta pa nito. Pero nginitian lang siya ni Sheak.

"Bossing nakakatakot ka na talaga," pagmamaktol ni Sheak. "Dati kapag ginigising kita, sisipain mo lang ako. Ngayon bigla ka nalang nananakal, hindi na kita masundan, masyado ka nang mabilis kumilos. Bagalan mo naman huy!"

"Sino ba naman kasi ang nagsabi sa'yo na bulabugin mo ako nang maaga?"

"Duh, echosera! Sabi mo kaya gisingin kita!"

"Ang sabi ko gisingin mo ako kapag hindi ako nagising sa alarm ko."

The two looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table. It isn't even 6:30 yet. 

"Ah, three minutes pa pala. Hehe, sorry Bossing, excited lang."

"Pasalamat ka wala akong katabi matulog na kutsilyo, bunganga mo palang nakakarindi na, may kaldero ka pa na dala."

"Ayaw mo no'n, gigisingin ka lang may live band pa!"

"Live band my foot. That was hell."

Sheak acted hurt while he collapsed at the bed. Pinabayaan nalang siya ni Angela habang naglakad ito papunta sa study table niya.

"Good morning," a sad smile curved in her lips as she greeted the picture on her table.

"Ang tagal mo naman bumalik."

"Uy, si Bossing kinakausap na naman 'yong picture ni Jeremy."

A pen hit the bed in an instant, mabuti nalang at nakaiwas si Sheak.

"Si Bossing in love!"

"Sheak layas!"

"Yieeee Jeremy-"

"Isa pa Sheak!"

"Yieeee Jeremy.."

"Binibigyan kita ng limang segundo bago ka mawala sa mundong ito."

"Bossing huy! Joke lang ito naman."

Angela licked her lip and raised her fingers to start counting.

"Isa.."

"Bye bossing!"
"Mabuti naman at natatakot pa 'yon sa bilang ko," she whispered.

"Hay, Jeremy," she was about to pic up the picture frame and wipe it up but her phone started ringging.

"Ang aga naman ng tawag na 'to anong trip naman kaya 'yan?"

Her eyebrows raised with the unregistered number.

"Ito na naman?" This number is calling her almost everyday. First thing in the morning or maybe the last thing at night. She always answer but she never heard the person on the other end.

"Hello? Good morning, ikaw na naman?"

She heard a car sound on the other line.

"Hindi ka na naman nagsasalita eh no? Kung ano man ang trio mo, bilib na ako sayo!  Talagang inaraw-araw mo ha?"

Same as earlier, nobody answered her.

"Siguro naman hindi mo ako papatayin 'di ba? Matagal na akong hindi bumabalik sa kadiliman okay? Kung doon ka galing, sorry wala pa 'yan sa balak ko," Angela said. After catching her breath she continued, "At kung papatayin mo man ako, well, good luck nalang sa'yo."

Still, there's nothing.

"Oh sige, papatayin ko na ha? Bye bye."
She always hangs up first until this time.

"Bye na talaga ha? Ibababa ko na—"

"I love you." 

After hearing the deep voice on the line, the phone call was cut off. That was enough to make her realize who the caller was, she could never forget that voice.

"Jeremy?"