Lover Eternal.

•CHAPTER FIVE•

--Nathan's POV--

I pushed through the dust and dirt.

"HALEY!" I shouted. I knew she was with me.. But, she didnt respond.

"HALEY?!" I shouted once again, no response.

The dust and dirty cleared up. And i realized.. I wasnt.. I wasnt alive.

"H-Haley.."

I came across my great grandmother and my great grandfather as they greeted me. I screamed. I lost them when I was 11 years old.

This cannot be happening.

--Haley's POV--

"C'mon Nathan... Remember the very first time we hung out?! And you made fun of my sweater and gave me that bracelet .. And you smiled.. With that perfect smile, and you said "dont say i never gave you anything." Right then and there Nathan, i fell in love with you. That was our senior year in high school, now here i am, engaged to you. And here you are, laying in a hospital bed, in a coma because you took a bullet for me.. I dont think i ever expected this, ever. But if you ever think im gonna leave i wont! If it wasn't for you i wouldn't be alive, now c'mon Nathan, open your eyes and surprise me like you always do!" I shouted to Nathan's life-less body in his hospital room.

I couldnt control the tears. They just kept on coming.

Lucas and Peyton walked in.

I wiped the tears and jumped up into Lucas' arms..

"Haley dont cry.. Everything's gonna be alright. My god look at you! You're a train wreck, look at him, he looks perfectly healthy, i never once thought id be saying this, but start to follow Nathan's lead!" He laughed while wiping my tears.

"I'm trying Lucas, i am.. It's just hard."

I let go of Lucas and slid myself into Peyton's arms.

"This is the first time ever, ever.. That id look at Nathan, and not want to look again.." I cried.

Peyton squeezed me harder.

"Hes gonna be okay Haley.."

I let go of Peyton and sat in the chair next to Nathan.

I played with my engagement ring while laying my head on his chest.

"If you go, I'll see you there."

"Haley dont say that!" Lucas yelled.

"I thought i could live in his arms, and spend every moment i live with him.. If he goes, i cant do that. If he goes, and so do i, i can do that.."

I began to cry again.

"Nathan you cant leave me! We have our unborn baby.. Whos gonna be a boy by the way." I smiled.

"Wow!" Lucas and Peyton both gasped.

"Thats great." Peyton smiled.

"Thank you. Without you Nathan, how will i name him..? How could our baby grow up without a father.. C'mon Nate please open your eyes, please.. He doesnt even have a name!" I began to sob.

"Jamie." Nathan smiled.

"NATHAN!" I grabbed his hand and kissed his lips.

"Dude!" Lucas yelled while running over to his bed.

Peyton gasped and we all grabbed his hands.

"Damn Haley even as a train wreck you look beautiful.. And yes, i remember.. I remember our first date babe, it was the best day of my life." He smiled.