-10-

|Chapter TEN- Moonlit Lament 

    The dull autumn sun clung helplessly to the sky as it began to die out, leaving an array of water-colored indigo hues in its wake. Breathing its last breaths the sun disappeared beyond the horizon, pale light illuminated softly over trees.

Soft cries filled the air, mumbled words were swept away by cold night winds as they whispered back warnings to Zayn's deaf ears. The owls hooted nervously shifting uneasily on the branches, as their wide eyes watched the demon caress the crying man.

Justin ran his fingers along Zayn's neck as the raven haired man shivered, crying into the palms of his hands desperately wretched in pain and sorrow.

"would you be able to live with yourself, knowing what I've made you do?.." Justin repeated, the same words he'd uttered over and over-night after night.

Crimson colored eyes watched void of emotion, as Zayn crumbled, becoming undone as he cried for the loss of his only friend. 

Justin's eyes softened, he felt guilty, moonlight shimmered-casting shadows upon the other mans tan face the tears glinted-in silver light.

Inky black hair was swept over his shoulders the ends curling in the wind, Zayn sat miserably in the dark knees to chest-the stars watched him shining sadly, from afar.

Justin placed his hand on Zayn's shoulders once more watching as the muscles stiffened before relaxing, subconsciously leaning into his touch. Hair darker than night, softer than silk caressed the tips of Justin's fingertips, he wanted nothing more than to bury himself in Zayn's pain.

Relish in the tears and sorrow.

Pausing, the blond realized he couldn't-he couldn't feel any joy in Zayn's suffering. His rose colored lips twitched in amusement, remembering the look on Jaime's face as she struggled to breathe under the water.

The look of betrayal settled into her pale face.

How her blue eyes dulled as death made its final mark claiming her life, but Justin claimed her soul.

The essence so unique it was always the best part of feeling a life force fade to nothing.

In the darkness beyond the treeline, Justin could feel Sarah's rage as she desperately tried to get over his barrier-wanting to free Jaime from her eternal prison.

The ring glinted, the ruby shinning menacingly as the angry souls tried once more to escape.

"Hush now, or I'll punish you...again."

Justin's fingers twitched, as the atmosphere shifted-someone or something had passed the barrier. Taking one last longing look at Zayn, Justin leaned over running slender fingers through the black locks. Zayn closed his eyes, relaxing as hazel eyes glistened with tears lips quivered in the light of moon.