Chapter Thirty: Yours

Remember to VOTE and leave your FEEDBACK if you enjoy this chapter!

Last night was all a dream - a beautiful, wonderful dream that I wish I could remain trapped in forever.

I slowly open my eyes to see dimly-lit daylight pouring in through my bedroom windows. Even with a blurry vision, I can still see the faded shadows dance across my walls. My eyes turn to the ceiling as memories of the dream come flooding back. It's strange how I can remember every bit and piece, knowing that those pieces normally fall apart after the first few seconds upon waking up. What is even weirder is that everything felt real. He felt real. If I hadn't known better, I would think that what happened between Silas and I last night actually was real.

As I adjust the sheets, I soon realize that I'm not alone. Someone else's skin is warming my own. I can feel another's arm wrapped around my small body. I hear the sounds of someone else's breath. And that's when I realize that it wasn't dream.

Looking over, I see Silas sleeping beside me, his gorgeous eyes hidden away from the world. His hair is messier than it usually is, but I quickly take a liking to it. It takes another moment for me to notice my hand resting upon his bare chest, feeling the sleepy beat of his heart. I smile, letting those beautiful thoughts of the previous night control the muscles in my face. It really wasn't a dream. Everything that happened was real. We were real.

I sigh and curl my arm around his abdomen, trying not to wake him up. However, my efforts fail when he begins to stir. His eyelids too begin to open, blinking several times to adjust to the light. I angle my head upwards and rest it on his shoulder, smiling with my eyes before his return the favor.

"Morning," I whisper, my voice week and in need of some form of refreshment.

"Morning," he replies. His hand travels to my face where he moves a piece of hair away from my face. Now I'm grinning like an absolute moron.

Clearing my throat and yawning all at once, I shift both my gaze and body, trying to eye my cell phone. My hands search through the sheets of the bed but ultimately find nothing. Then, realizing that I had left it in the back of my jean pockets, I sit up and reach over the bed, grabbing my pants from our feet.

Turning on my phone and glancing at the time, I mumble, "Shit."

"What's up?" he asks.

"It's 10am. My brothers haven't gone to work yet." At this moment, I'm praying that Dylan and Caleb didn't return from the party early to find me in bed with another guy. Knowing the two of them, they would act as if they know nothing while low-key acting like complete idiots, revealing subtle hints every now and then as a form of mockery. Though if that were the case, I'd probably wake up to a dead carcase in my bed instead of a live Silas.

I feel Silas sit up as well, groaning softly under his breath. "Is that a bad thing?" he asks.

"You have not met my brothers. If they see you leaving, they'll chase you out of the driveway with shotguns," I explain, "And that is not an exaggeration."

"Okay, so what do you want to do? Hide me in your closet?"

I actually consider that idea for a brief minute, but soon realize that it's a stupid one. From every movie that I've seen, I know that the most obvious place to hide an uninvited guest would be the closet.

I moan and let my face fall into my hands. "I don't know," I say.

"Look, this is stupid," he sighs, "Why don't you just introduce me to your brothers."

I turn my gaze to him and almost crack up. "Are you crazy?"

"Maybe, but it's better than me jumping out your window or staking out in your closet."