Mommy

• Dedicated to Little Brother!

     I ran down stairs as fast as I could. What I didn't notice was that there was something on the second step. I slipped. Tumbling head over heels (Quite literally might I add.)

     I woke up a few minutes later to El and Sophia leaning over me, and Grace crying at my side. I held her closer. She looked up at me. I could hear them sigh with relief. "What happened to you woman?" Asked El.

     "Grace said she saw her mom in the living room and I ran down to check on her. I must have tripped over something on the stairs." I had a splitting headache. Sophia handed me a bottle of water and asprin. These girls are amazing. "Grace. Are you sure you saw your mommy?"

     She nodded her head vigorously. "Mommy said that I wouldn't see her again for a very very long time and she just wanted to say bye." I nodded my head. Not helping it much. Probably just her imagination. Whoa. Thought there was some stranger in my house. We decided to watch a movie. Grace and I picked Beauty and the Beast as El and Sophia made popcorn, scooped ice cream, and got some candy.

     We were at the part where the beast was yelling at Belle telling her to starve when there was a knock on the door. Everyone was there. Something was off. I looked around. Josh and Kaylee were no where to be seen. That's when I heard them.

      "Fine then. I guess we're over!" Yelled Josh. 

       "Fine." I saw them stomp down the stair. I gave them both apologetic smiles.

      Just then there was another knock on my door. Who could it be now? I opened the door to see my old friend Jake. "Jake!!"

     "Harley!" We gave each other a big hug. I pulled back, holding him at arms length. His jacket had gone up a bit. That's when I saw them. I wanted to burst out crying by what I saw. I knew everyone would look at me weird so I didn't. I just stared at them. Cuts. Lots of them.