Chapter 12: Sibling Bonding

Jez POV

“Hey Jez, are you ready?” called Lena from the front door. Today was our sister-bonding day. To say Lena was excited was an understatement. She had been planning today all day yesterday and even had a tiny schedule we had to follow in order to be able to do all the fun activities she had in mind.

“Coming L, almost done getting ready,” It was eight o clock in the morning. Yes, that is how early she wanted to get started on a Sunday morning. She was dressed in comfortable clothes to run around in and I was going in some jeans and a pink V-neck top, with a pair of Sperry’s. I grabbed a small bag and put my phone, wallet, and essentials in there while making my way to the front door.

“Where are you guys going?” I turn around to find Danny standing behind me. He was wearing his pajama pants only since he was one of those guys that like to sleep with no shirt on. He had bed hair and he looked really tired. As he talked to me he was trying to run his fingers through his hair trying to tame it I guess, but wasn’t succeeding.

“Out,” I quickly said.

“Out, where?” he asked impatiently.

“We are having a sibling bonding day and have a fun day filled with activities, right Lena?” I say looking straight at her.

“Right,” she nodded.

“Well you are forgetting a sibling,” he says.

“Scratch that I meant sister bonding,” I implied further. You could see that he was getting upset.  I could tell he wanted to come with us but, Lena had been almost heartbroken when she told me that Danny was probably going to be with his girlfriend. She obviously didn’t want to bother him, so neither do I.

“Why are you guys going without me?” he asked sadly.

“Don’t you have plans with Kimmy or something?” I said.

“Yes, but I’m picking her up at around 7 to go out”.

“We are going to be gone the entire day though we won’t be back till around 8:30,” I replied.  He seemed to be thinking hard about something and there was a look in his eye, that I couldn’t quite make out. Before I could see any hint of emotion his face went back to being a serious mask. I was going to tell him to just go back to sleep and get ready for his date when he woke up, but Lena interrupted me.

“Do you want to come?” she asked sweetly, looking at the ground.

“Of course, I want to come,” he said bending down to her level he lifted her chin up so she was looking straight at him. “I would never miss a day to spend time with my beautiful sisters. I’ll call Kimmy and tell her that we could go out tomorrow or something.” He gave her a giant dazzling smile and she giggled. He was disappointed that he wasn’t invited so, he quickly took the opportunity of coming with us. I guess that like me he didn’t like telling Lena ‘no’. Danny has always been a big softie, the biggest one out of the three of us. He is like a giant teddy bear, although he doesn’t like to admit it because it will hurt his ego, yet he is always protecting Lena and I from just about anything.

“It’s settled then, you are coming with us,” I said giving him a small nod. He nodded back.

“Well, hurry up and get dressed, we have a schedule to follow people! Move it!” She commanded forcefully. Oh Lena always the one in charge.

“Yes ma’am” Danny saluted while standing in a soldier position. After that he rushed to his room to get ready.

About fifteen minutes later, we were in Danny’s car with him driving, me in the passenger seat, and Lena in the backseat. All three of us were singing and laughing so hard our stomachs began to hurt and we got the sensation that we couldn’t breathe. Our first stop was to get a quick breakfast at IHOP before taking Lena to the park.  We chatted about memories from when we were younger while the waitress arrived with out orders. Once she did arrive I took a picture of Lena with her happy face pancakes and hot chocolate. It just looked so adorable that I had to capture it. Breakfast went by fast with all of us stuffing out mouths and just laughing.