Chapter 13: Hitting a Nerve

Jez POV

So it’s Monday. My favorite day of the week (note the sarcasm) and today should be an even greater day since I’m meeting up with Austin at the library. Again the enthusiasm I am not showing should hint at something. But whatever, I am going to have to go through it like every other day.

 Because of my mood I didn’t even bother to dress up today. I was wearing plain blue jeans and another plain V-neck shirt; yellow this time. My hair was in a messy bun, my face clear of make up, and my feet modeled black toms. I had a quick bowl of cereal and drove my way to the entrance of Monroe High, where of course Channing was waiting for me.

 “Hey Jez,” he starts walking over to me while I get out of my car and lock it.

 “Hey Channy,” he scowled at that and I laughed. I have been trying to come up with a good enough nickname for him but I can’t seem to find one so Channy just stuck.

 “I can’t meet up with you at the library today,” he said.

 “I know, your oh so loving brother sent me a text yesterday informing me of the changes,” I say.

 “Oh, your mad aren’t you,” he says studying my face. I’m pretty sure I was showing a hint of annoyance on it.

 “No, I’m not mad, pissed yes, but mad no.”

 “I can tell him to not go and then we can meet up tomorrow and do it?” he is trying to fix the problem. But this entire project was a mess and there was no way we could get out of it.

 “No, it’s his project anyway, so he might as well help with something,” I shrug. I then start to walk to class with Channing yelling that he would ‘see me later’.

 I bump into Blake on my way there and she tells me that she feels terrible that she didn’t answer my call, and that apparently Kaylie had called her and told her everything leaving out the part where Channing almost kissed me of course. That would have been hard to explain right now.  I assured her that everything was fine and that she didn’t have to worry about anything. From there we jumped onto the topic of how much she enjoyed her study date with Blake and that she was starting to develop some feeling for him. She didn’t tell me the last part, but I could assume based on the look in her eyes and just the way she said his name.

 That was when the other Blake showed up, asking her if she wanted him to walk her to class, she immediately accepted which looked pretty funny and cute might I add, but I didn’t say anything. I can smell love in the air.

 My morning classes went by fine as usual. There was no one to bother me and I felt myself relax. The relaxation left all too soon though because the bell just had to ring.

 Time to see Austin.

 I took my sweet time and went to a vending machine before going to my locker to drop of my books and get the ones for my next class. I made my way slowly up the staircase that led to the library. 

 He was already there. Sitting at a table in the back of the room and he looked bored and annoyed.

 I sat down in front of him and started to pull my computer out of my messenger bag.

 “Okay so we have to write a summary on the history of Faneuil Hall and about our experience there. Same goes for the Boston Massacre.” I say looking at him directly with a straight face.

 “Well what about I write about the history of the places while you write about ‘our’ experience?” he asks. He certainly didn’t enjoy his experience on Saturday seeing as how he left and all so I might as well write it.