Wedding Cake?

Scarlett

"Shawn we have to decide on a cake, and it can't just be my choice!"

I told Shawn as the two of us sat in front of a table covered in different types of wedding cakes.

"Princess, I'm perfectly okay with whatever you choose, I just want to marry you."

He told me, I sighed in frustration.

"Please?"

   I questioned as I picked up a fork, I cut a small piece of a red velvet cake in front of me and led it to his mouth.

He smirked as I waited for him to open his mouth, once the fork was in his mouth I let go and watched him swallow.

After he placed the fork back on the table, he met my eyes for a short moment.

"It's good."

He told me, I sighed yet again.

"Mendes! Come on!"

I told him loudly, couples that surrounded us glanced in our direction a little taken aback.

A little embarrassed I smiled and turned back to face Shawn.

"I like this one."

He told me out of the blue, my eyes traveled to the cake he was pointing at.

Cheesecake.

"Really?"

I questioned, he chuckled lightly as he watched my reaction to his sudden choice of cake.

"Cheesecake as a wedding cake? Honey we can't do that!"

   I told him dramatically, his eyebrows rose as a confused expression began to take over his face.

"I'm kidding, cheesecake it is."

   I giggled after a moment of watching him suffer had passed, he laughed and nudged my shoulder.

"Have you two made up your mind, we've been here for hours?"

Aaliyah asked from someplace behind us, we both turned around to see Aaliyah standing with her arms folded across her chest.

"Cheesecake!"

Shawn told her, Aaliyah laughed and began to head for the exit of the restaurant.

"Scarlett! Your Mom's waiting outside!"

She called before she had disappeared, I met Shawn's eyes for a few short moments before the two of us rose from our seats.

"Why did we drive with your Mom, she wasn't even in here with us?"

Shawn questioned as we walked hand in hand out the doors.

"Well she was in here for the first hour, but by the second she had given up on all hope for us."

I told him with a laugh, he chuckled along with me.

"Took you two long enough! I even went and got my nails done!"

My Mom called from the front seat after Shawn had opened my door for me.

"Sorry mom, Shawn just wouldn't make up his mind!"

   I told her after I took a seat in the passenger side seat, Shawn leaned in after I buckled up and planted a slobbery kiss on my lips.

"Gross get a room!"

Aaliyah called from the backseat, I pulled away and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

"I second that!"

My Mom said after a moment had passed.

Shawn finally closed the passenger door and climbed into the back to sit beside Aaliyah.

"Now time to pick up my suit!"

Shawn said happily from the back, I smiled to myself knowing that I would soon be married to the goof in the backseat.

Awe so cute!!!
So exited for this book!
Comment what ya think!!!
Thanks😃😃😃
-Author B