Getting Ready

Shawn

My brain was overflowing with thoughts about my future with Scarlett, there was just no words to describe my feelings for her.

As my Dad along with Mike, Scarlett's Dad, helped me get prepared for the wedding in mine and Scarlett's room I couldn't help, but glance towards the door every now and then.

Just knowing that Baylee was literally feet away getting all ready for our day made my mind go wild, it was almost impossible for me to focus.

No it was impossible.

"Shawn?"

My Dad questioned after a few quiet minutes had passed, I snapped out of my trance and looked over to face him.

"Ya?"

I asked with a nervous smile.

"You're more than ready for this."

He told me lightly, he placed a hand on my shoulder and grinned.

"I know Dad, I've never been more ready for anything in my entire life."

I said happily, for a few moments my nerves subsided.

"I'm glad Scarlett found you."

Mike spoke up as he knotted his tie around his neck.

"And I'm glad I found her."

I told him quietly, I could feel my cheeks turning warm, and it was quite obvious that they were a shade darker than usual.

"Just a little while longer!"

Darla, Scarlett's grandma called in through the door.

My heart fluttered in my chest at her words, so close, yet so far away.

The phrase kept repeating itself over and over again in my pounding head.

My Dad approached me seconds later, he most likely noticed me struggling.

It wasn't that I couldn't tie a tie, it was more that my hands were shaking with nerves and it was too hard for me to concentrate on anything.

"Almost there son, almost there." My Dad whispered once he had finished.