Don't Go

Scarlett

I stared into Niall's ocean blue eyes for a few moments before gathering my thoughts.

"Ni..."

I sighed out, his eyes fell to his lap and he nervously played with his fingers.

"Scar, I'm sorry..."

Niall whispered, I sighed and scooted closer to him on the bed so that are thighs were touching.

"You know I care about you, isn't that enough?"

I questioned, he looked up to meet my gaze.

"Scar, I'm in love with you. I've honestly been in love with you ever since that day we ran into each other at that hotel. I love being your best friend, but it isn't enough."

He told me softly, he brought his hand up to my cheek and stroked a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

"Niall."

I whispered, my heart rate began to quicken.

Before I knew it he dropped his hand from my face and he gently placed it on top of mine on the unmade bed.

"I know that you love me."

He told me, his eyes grew sad.

"Ni-"

He cut me off before I could say anything else.

"You just won't admit it to yourself."

He added, I shrugged and pulled my hand away from his.

"What now I can't hold you hand?"

He questioned disappointed, I lightly forced a smile.

"You can always hold my hand, but Niall I'm in love with Shawn. I married him for heavens sakes just hours ago."

I went on, I paused and took in the sight of him.

Tears began to form in his eyes, and his hands began to shake.

"I need you in my life Niall, but not like that..."

I told him quietly, he turned his head away from me and lifted his legs over the edge of the bed.

"I should go..."

He whispered, he quickly wiped the tears from his cheeks and stood from the bed.

"Ni, don't go..."

I begged.

He didn't say anything and headed for the door.

"Goodbye Scarlett."

Next thing I knew he was gone.

Tears drifted down my face as I sat alone in the silence.