Hitched

Scarlett

Blue and white rose petals were strug out to form a pathway, my fingers had gone numb as I continued to hold on tight to my Dads arm.

Music chimed lightly near the front of the ceremony where the minister was waiting.

A beautiful arch made of blue roses had been crafted for us to stand underneath in front of all our family and friends.

That's when my eyes landed on his.

Shawn stood waiting for me at the end of the aisle, tears crept up on him and he quickly wiped them away.

He was in the clear because everyone stood to look at me.

Smiles were shot in my direction as my Dad continued to walk us towards Shawn.

So close, yet so far away.

My eyes yet again met his, my world was frozen in time, it was only us two to remain.

Once to Shawn, my Dad lightly pecked my cheek and mouthed I love you.

He gently took my hand and placed it in Shawn's, his warm hand engulfed mine sending a wave of electricity throughout my entire body.

I turned to face him and he took my other hand in his free one, his warmth instantly making me will safe and at home.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here on this beautiful day to watch the gracious union of Shawn Peter Raul Mendes and Scarlett Johnson, we shall now begin the ceremony, unless there's any objections to this union?"

Silence.

I sighed in relief, just waiting for Niall to barge in at any moment and ruin my day.

After the minister spoke and spoke, it was finally time for the I do's.

"The rings please."

The minister asked, Aaliyah stepped up and handed them gently over to Shawn.

Shawn slid my ring onto my finger and I copied seconds later by sliding his onto his ring finger.

"Shawn, do you take Scarlett to be your lovely wedded wife?"

The minister asked, Shawn nodded before speaking.

"I do."

He said proudly, the minister then turned to me.

"Scarlett, do you take Shawn as your lovely wedded husband?"

"I do." I said loudly with the biggest grin upon my pink tinted face.

"Shawn, you know what to do!"

The minister chanted happily with a chuckle.

"I love you Scarlett."

Shawn whispered after pulling me close, I giggled.

"I love you Mendes."

I whispered back, and before I knew it his lips were fitted to mine and he kissed me ever so gently.

The crowd cheered and clapped, but for all I knew they weren't there.

Shawn was my world.

We were finally hitched.