A Weddings Eve

Scarlett

"I really can't believe you're getting married at eighteen!"

My grandma Johnson told me right after she pulled back from hugging me.

Shawn laughed at my side and before he knew it he was being brought in for a hug as well.

After she had greeted the two of us we stepped aside and allowed her to walk into the apartment.

She was one of the last guests to arrive for the dinner we had arranged the night before the wedding.

Shawn's parents, along with my own all surprisingly showed up.

It was very strange to have Karen in the same room as my Mom, poor Manuel.

It was so nice to see everyone, living in Canada had left me with little time to see my Dad and brother.

After Shawn had closed the front door, he took my hand and pulled me for the kitchen.

Shawn had turned out to be an excellent cook, and he ended up making his famous spaghetti.

Well at least he thought it was famous.

"Everyone!"

Shawn called from the kitchen, the living room went silent as everyone gave their attention to Shawn and I.

"I just wanna thank you all for coming out before the wedding tomorrow, it means a lot to Baylee and I. I hope you all like spaghetti, if I do recall, I'm kinda famous in that department."

Shawn laughed out, everyone chuckled along with him as I nudged him playfully in the side.

"Let's eat!"

He called out, everyone slowly made their way for the kitchen and dug in.

"Scar."

I heard someone say from behind me, once I had taken a seat at the dining room table.

I glanced over my shoulder to see my Dad with a plate in his hand and he took the seat beside me.

"Hey Dad."

I smiled, he placed a hand on my shoulder and grinned.

"I really can't believe my little jelly bean is all grown up and getting married!"

He gushed out, my cheeks turned red in embarrassment at the old nickname.

"I know, it's all so crazy!"

I told him with a laugh.

"Crazy in a good way though, right?"

Shawn was suddenly at my other side, I turned to look at him.

He had already managed to stuff a bread stick in his mouth.

"Yes, crazy in a really good way."

I smiled, and twirled my fork around in my spaghetti as I sat in the silence between my two favorite men.

"Ding!"

The doorbell sounded after a few moments had passed, Shawn was about to get up and answer it, but I motioned for him to stay put.

I made my way for the door, and once to it I didn't bother peering through to see who it was.

Once I had managed to pull the door open, my mouth dropped open in pure shock.