Chapter Two

"And that's supposed to impress me?" She asked, annoyed by his high handed antics.

"Obviously not by your reactions. Maree would take you back to your rooms, so you can change, and then you would come back to me, and we would break bread."

"Break bread?"

"Yes, it is our way."

"Of course." She walked out of the chamber, finding once more the older lady waiting and to be led away, through many more passages, and entered another part of the palace, and into a suite of rooms, so different from the others.

Rich Persian rugs, hand carved, deep reddish brown furniture with the highest quality with a padding of velvet mattresses on the divans, large chests, gold urns potted date palms, soft yellow and orange silk curtains draped across opening archways into the bedroom.

It was so soft, inviting and feminine. Such vibrant colours and richness that felt so warm and luring. Every corner, she turned assaulted the senses in the best possible way. The tall sandstone outer walls hadn't given any indication what was inside. An old world paradise, however, she wouldn't be seduced by such things, and charged off towards her bedroom, stopping dead of the dark red sultry bedroom.

The standout feature was the large four posted bed with silky red curtains draped from the corners. A carved arched bedhead of the finest quality wood, with a carved feature of a lion's head above the many pillows on top of the deep purple bed covering that matched the curtains hanging against the wall behind the bed, embroidered. In the middle of the bed, were three long stemmed red roses, tied together with a white satin ribbon.

Beside the bed, a velvet sitting divan, the other side in the corner a dressing table with gold edging dome shaped mirror with matching candlesticks with candle flicking in the mirror and that same musky woodsy smell. She crossed over to run her fingers over the bed, and then sat down, touching the soft petals of the roses.

Not once had she been given roses, and in such a way. Pure seduction, once more fleeted through her mind, and clutched at her arms. Releasing a slow breath, she stood and wandered around, finding an open archway and entered, discovering her clothes hanging and much more than that. Rows of clothes, caftans, all shapes and sizes, colours.

She crossed over and touched the material that was of the finest quality. Surely not for her? What, he had been planning this for some unexpected female to fall into his lap? She walked out, shaking her head. Well mister smooth talking Sheikh of the old world, she wasn't falling into his web. She was here for one thing only. To find her father then go home. End of discussion.

Entering the bedroom again, she eyed off the three roses. Very smooth. She kept walking out, then stopped and looked down at her belly dancing outfit. Swirled around and went back, stripped down and changed into red, lacy panties and matching bra and walked over to where her clothes were hanging, running her eyes over, though was drawn across to the others, just to see what he had put in there.

Caftans of the finest quality yet had an old style feel about them that she pulled out that were so beautiful. And they weren't that loose. Figure hugging. The one she held was red, with a collar, heavily white embroidered spreading out at the breasts, curved under in a starred shaped down back to  the edging where a split opened falling to the ground. Sleeveless. She shifted it further out to hold it against her. It was so beautiful. She had never seen the likes of it before.

"That belonged to my mother," a voice noted from the door.

Startled, she dropped the dress, staring at the man, leaning against the open entrance door frame, then realised she was standing there in her knickers and bra that he seemed to be appreciating. She squealed, grabbing the dress again and held in front of him, waving her hand at him, yelling 'Ghadar' repeatedly.