Chapter ten

Mariah

        I sat in the office across reading the latest issue of Ebony, as I waited for Aug to return from the back. Johnae had come yesterday to do her cotton swab and get the fetus tested, and now Aug was here to do his cotton swab. Although they said it wouldn't take too long, with all these people here, it's taking us at least an hour.

"You ready?" Aug stood in front of me.

"Yea" I stood up from the chair and placed the magazine down on the table. "You good?" I asked Aug as he grabbed my hand and we walked out of the building.

"I'm straight. I just wanna know the results already." He shrugged and opened my door for me.

"How long did they say it would take?" I questioned as I got in.

"Because I asked for a rush order, about two weeks." He closed my door.

      As long as I've known Aug, I knew when something wasn't right with him, and right now, something was not right. He got into the car and didn't speak a word. He simply started the car and took off. I turned to face him but he pressed the button to turn the music louder. The fuck was wrong with him? The hell did I do?

"Ummmm" I turned the whining sounds of Yo Gotti down. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I folded my arms as I waited for an answer.

"Nothing's wrong. You hungry?" He asked as he pulled into Taco Bell's parking lot and parked.

"Something is wrong August!" I sat up in my seat, but he ignored me and got out of the car and went stood behind it.

"You gon get out?" He spoke loud enough for me to hear him, but not yelling.

      I got out the car, grabbing my purse and slammed the doors to his stupid ass Porsche. As soon as I made it to him, Aug started walking. I followed close behind him, without being too close.Once we got to the door, he held the door open and allowed me to go in first, but as always once I stepped inside the door I stood to the side and allowed him to get back in front. Don't ask me why I did it, but it was something I always did.

        There wasn't anyone in line and we got to walk straight up to the register. The woman behind the counter eyes lit up once she saw whose order she was about to take.

"OH MY GAWD IT'S AUGUST ALSINA!" She screamed getting the attention of the people in the restaurant.

"Yea Baby!" Aug smirked at her.

"I'm not supposed to, but can I get a picture?" She whispered, still smiling. I saw the people in the back making the food and other three customers start to pull out their phones to snap a picture.

"Yea,  I won't tell nobody." He laughed. "But Ma can we order our food first?" He asked with another smile.

"My bad. Yea y'all go head." She spoke as she typed something into the machine.

"Iight baby girl, let me get a ummmm....a Nachos Bellgrande, with two crunchy tacos, a large drink, and an order of cinnamon twists?" He finished ordering, but still had his eyes on the menu. "Ri what'chu want?" He asked, but never took his eyes off the menu.

"Can I get three crunchy tacos and a large drink please?" I smiled at the cashier.

"Iight that will be eleven seventeen." She spoke as she handed us our drink cups.

        I watched as Aug took out his wallet and handed the girl a twenty.

"Keep the change Baby." He winked at her before taking our cups and heading towards the drink fountain.