Chapter fourteen

I needed another stress reliever!

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Mariah

I was sitting in the studio while August was recording some shit for his new album. I scrolled through my Insta newsfeed and decided to take a picture for the fans. I zoomed in on August on in the booth, singing while holding the earphone closer to his ear. I captioned it, “The master is back at work!” I laughed at all the shit we had been through this week. I thought about Danielle, who by the way wasn’t actually dead. I had my cousins bring her by the DA’s office. It was either she die a painful death or take the blame for having a hand in Terry’s death. It was no surprise that she chose option B. As I figured, Aug was acting better too. I guess I needed to show his ass I could play crazy too.

“Mariah!” Aug caught my attention.

“Why you yelling?” I rolled my neck, looking at him sideways.

“I called you like three times.” He sat down in the rolling chair by the board that controlled everything.

“Well what the hell you want?” I stood up and walked over to him, folding my arms on my way.

“Why don’t you ever sing?” He turned the music down.

“Because I can’t!” I laughed. Aug knew I wasn’t the best singer, so now he just being petty.

“It’s not that you can’t. You have potential, but you need training. I was trained.” He shrugged.

“Yea, but you could actually sing.” I rolled my eyes, unfolding my arms,but resting my hands on my hips.

“Well I want you to get in the booth and sing.” He smirked.

“Boy you got me fucked up!” I laughed. Aug didn’t budge, he was serious.  

“Sing! Please!” He poked his bottom lip out, trying to form a sad face. “I like when you sing. I makes my day.” He smiled, trying to change my mind.

“Yea, so you can get your laugh for the day?” I rolled my eyes.

“Just do it, please.” He smiled harder.

“Fine!” I instantly got an idea. “Let me plug up my phone.” I went to YouTube on my phone to pull up the instrumental of the song I planned to sing. Once the song was loaded, I plugged my phone into the Aux and went into the booth.

“Now put the earphones on.” August instructed me.

“Press play.” I smiled at my idea. Aug did as he was told and the music started playing. Oh he was gonna hear my voice today!

‘M-A-I-R-AH!’ I smirked at how I switched it up right quick. “Pull up your pants……….Take out the trash………..getting ya cash like em. Fast like em, girl you outta act like ya dig. What I'm talkin' bout?Security codes on everything. On vibrate so your phone don't ever ring. Joint Account, and another one he don't know about……………” I looked my fiance right and his eyes and watched his reaction as the words came out my mouth. “Wish we could switch up the roles, and I could be that. Tell you I love you, but when you call I never get back! Would you ask them questions like me? Like where you be at? Cause I'm out 4 in the morning. On the corner rolling; doing my own thing! What if I, had a thing on the side? Made ya cry. Would the rules change up or would they still apply? If I, played you like a toy? Sometimes I wish I could act like a boy” I laughed as the male’s voice came on and I stopped trying to sing. Aug’s face showed that maybe he was a little upset by my song of choice, but then again Bitch do it look like I care...no!