Chapter 15

I fell for what seemed like forever. A similar feeling as before hit me as the ground got closer and closer. But only this time the ground was stone, hard, and cold.

I hit the ground with a loud crash.

Glass flew everywhere as my body flew through the jar walls and onto the hard ground. Only my body didn't shatter as I thought. I looked around confused, holding my side which did actually throb with pain. The jar laid completely smashed next my feet. Something felt wrong. I got up to my feet, realizing that I was no longer the size of an insect. I'm such an idiot. I raced around the dark cell feeling as if my heart was about to jump out of my chest. As the pain in my hip started to fade, my eyes began to water. I couldn't help but let the tears fall from my chin and crashing onto the floor. I fell to my knees and sobbed until I could hardly breathe. My mind moved from my current situation to my family.

What were they thinking? Do they know that I'm gone? Would they miss me? Of course, they wouldn't miss me. They hated me.

That just made me sob harder. I felt my face go numb and my hands started to shake.

"Don't cry. You're alright here. You're safe." I heard someone speak from deeper inside the cell. Every muscle in my body seemed to freeze. "What is your name?" The voice had a broken English accent and was so unrecognizable it was almost painful.

It seemed like hours before I could turn around. A young girl came from the shadows and into the dim light. She was about my age with short dark hair, light eyes and a makeup free completion. She seemed completely calm and happy for a girl trapped in a cell. "It's okay. You're going to be okay." She kneeled next to me and placed her thin hand on my shoulder. I winced at her touch but then felt a slight ping of comfort.

"H-how do you know we're going to okay?" I almost didn't recognize my own voice. I sounded so weak and scared.

"She's coming back for us. She told me so. It's really going to be okay."