Chapter 14

Byakuya's POV

I was in my office doing my usual paperwork. There was one that needed to be sent to the 12th squad captain. But I have too much work to do. I know! I'll just ask Renji to do it.

"Renji."

Renji looked up from what he was doing and faced me." Yes? Captain."

"Please pass this to the 12th squad." I extended the hand with the documents that needed to be sent.

"Hai! Captain Kuchiki." He took the documents bowed and left the room.

He is very reliable.

30 minutes later...
(Still Byakuya's POV)

What's taking Renji so Iong? I asked him to go to the 12th squad barracks. Not to the world of the living. It's already been 30 minutes. I continued my paper work, until the door to my office opened. It was Renji.

"The documents have been delivered to the 12th squad barracks. Sir."

"Good. You may go."

"Oh erm... Captian Kuchiki, well erm, I just saw Rukia. Apparently, she went to the world of the living. But I saw her this morning. It's impossible to complete a mission that fast. Also, I saw her carrying something that looks like shopping bags. From the world of the living. "

Weird. Why would she even go to the world of the living? There aren't any missions that need any attention right now. I better go and investigate. With any luck, she's still walking to the manor.

"Renji, I need to go out for a while. While I'm gone you're in charge. Okay?"

"Hai!"

I used my shumpo to get to the Kuchiki manor. While getting there, I saw Rukia. I immediately stopped, and decided to shadow her. Maybe if I do, I'll find out what she's hiding.

I followed her. Trying to make as little sound as possible. She was obviously walking to the manor. But what is with all those bags. They seem to be from the World of the living. Just like what Renji said. But I saw her leave for the 13th squad barracks this morning. Suddenly, I felt a gust of wind. When I looked around trying to find Rukia, she was no where to be seen. It's possible, that she knew I was following her. But her shumpo seemed faster. I better catch up with her. This time I want the entire truth.

I was about to shumpo away, when I heard loud screams. I turned around to see sereitei on fire. And I sensed the reitsu of arrancars. What is going on?!

Let's just say that in this story there are arrancars. Sorry If I spell wrongly.