Chapter 17

Chapter 17

            Rosaline/Melissa’s POV

            The intensity of his gaze brought down shivers down my spine. His natural beautiful green eyes were now dark, sunken down and they seemed tired. The more I stared into his eyes through my dark shades the more I see the emptiness in his eyes; they seemed bottomless, unemotional.

            “Melinda!” a voice screamed in my ear making me jump slightly. My head snapped to Erik who I noticed was standing up. I looked around and noticed that the class was empty except for us and the teacher who was looking at me impatiently. I abruptly stood up and quickly walked out. An arm wrapped around my elbow and turned me around to face a frowning Erik. “Hey you okay?” I merely nodded. My voice wouldn’t come out. “You seem a little pale and distracted, are you sure you’re okay? Don’t need me to carry you like Shrek on top of donkey?” I tried to glare at him but I couldn’t. A chuckle left my lips at his stupid attempt to make a joke.

            “Has anyone told you that your jokes suck?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

            “Hey, hey! Don’t hate on the jokes if you have a horrible sense of humour.” he placed a hand over his heart for dramatic effect.

            “Are you like drunk or something? Or did you like smack your head against the cupboard this morning while getting your cereal? And what’s with the boyfriend thing? Not cool!” I crossed my arms and stomped my foot like a child. He really brings out the immature side of me. Erik wrapped his arm around my shoulder and bent his head down to whisper in my ear.

            “It’s a good cover story why there are two new students here at once; we don’t want any unwanted attention now do we.” His voice came very low; no one would’ve been able to understand not even a wolf. I guess he was right, unwanted attention is pretty bad for us right now. We continued walking through the hallways with his arm still around my shoulder. Whispers erupted from around us and fingers were being pointed towards us from the humans, I rolled my eyes at their nosiness.

            Looking around, I noticed that the pack wasn’t anywhere in sight. I looked around more closely confused. We walked around a corner and bam! There they were all fourteen of them. They were all staring towards us, as if they were expecting us to walk through here. In the lead was alpha Connor, Liam on his left where a beta usually stands and on his other side was Richard; behind them stood the rest of the pack. “Why are you here?” his voice full of authority boomed out. The old Rosaline would’ve cowered down and begged for mercy, but Melissa didn’t even feel his alpha authority through his voice. I guess it didn’t affect me anymore. I smirked at Erik and he returned it with a smile as if knowing what I was thinking of.

            “We need a reason for coming here?” Erik asked as if confused.

                “Take off your glasses” Liam spat at us, his eyes never leaving mine. “Now!” he spoke more forcefully. I looked at Erik and he just shrugged at me. Right when I raised my hands to remove them, Liam came closer to me, his eyes squinting a little as If analysing and assessing every detail about me making me slightly uncomfortable. I slowly slid them off, my eyes still on the ground. I raised my eyes to meet Liam's and was shocked at what I just witnessed. The second my eyes came into contact with his, I saw him break inside as if hoping that I was his sister the one he killed with his own teeth. I saw with my own eyes how his eyes changed from sadness right to emptiness and cold. Liam's face was absolutely clear of emotion; if I was walking by I would’ve thought he was a professionally made statue.