chapter 12

Chapter 12

Rosaline’s POV

            My body felt heavy and limp I couldn’t move a single muscle; not even a finger. My senses were slowly returning to me and the first thing that I noticed was that I was lying on something very soft and comfortable. My eyes were closed so I couldn’t see anything but darkness. The place I was currently in had no lights that were shining through my eyelids which I was grateful for. Summing up all my energy, I willed my eyes to open. Once my eyes were finally uncovered I can see clearly even in the dark thanks to my awesome new vision. My body started to regain consciousness and the numbness was slowly fading away, until I was finally able to wiggle my fingers and toes.

            Looking around the room I was absolutely confused. This wasn’t my room and it didn’t look familiar at all. This room was way larger than my old one. This room felt like a livable place with a beautiful vanity parallel to the bed on the right side, a small couch that was place on the far wall and a TV that was sitting on a table beside the couch. On either side of the bed were small nightstands with a lamp. That’s what I can see so far with my eyes. Sitting up slowly I waited for the pain but it never attacked me so I let a long and grateful breath escape my chapped and dry lips. My throat was sore from the lack of water and my eyes felt very drowsy from either lack of sleep or too much sleep. I lifted my hand up and let it run through my hair which I may tell you, was oily and gross. Taking in a deep breath, the room had a mixture of scents which were quite difficult to familiarize because of my currently tired state.

            Moving my legs to the edge of the bed; I raised myself using my hands to stand up. The new movement on my legs felt weird so I collapsed on the ground groaning. My legs and knees were tired and they were constricting me from any movement. Even my ankles were numb! I heard the door slam open and a second later feet show up in my line of sight. Without even glancing up at the person I knew it was my father who came to the rescue. I felt hands go under my armpits and raise me upwards. He pulled me to him so he was carrying me like he used to when I was a child. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist; my face hidden between his shoulder and neck.

            “Hey honey how are you feeling right now?” my father’s soft voice spoke in a low whisper as if knowing I was tired.

            “My legs suck. Even though I turned wolf I still have weak dumb feet” I spoke into his neck with a pout. He chuckled softly at my response. Taking in a deep breath my father’s scent filled my nostrils, which smelt like protection and security. I loved my father to bits but I was sad that he wasn’t in my life for a couple years now. When he left to join the new pack he didn’t even remember me. He never made any contact since the minute he left through the front door until the day I shifted. I was glad he came back though and that I was currently being carried by him like old times.

            After he carried me and walked for a while I felt him stop. He bent down indicating that I should probably let go of my legs so he can put me back on the ground. Once my feet were on the ground and stable I let go of his neck surprised that I had strength to stand up straight without dropping. My dad kissed my forehead before straightening up again. Feeling eyes on my back I turned around and froze. Surrounding me were about twenty different people who I have never seen in my life, with my parents’ friends scattered in-between. They were all sitting down on long huge couches which seated about fifty people. This must be the living room but it was like the size of a gym! I’m exaggerating a bit but that’s not my point.  I was standing in the middle uncomfortable feeling like a deer in the headlight. Everyone was silent as the pairs of eyes analysed and studied me which made me squirm in my spot. I wasn’t one for attention and I seem to attract it quite a lot these days.