Chapter 1: Aelin

It had been a week since Galan and Ilias' forces had arrived and they had yet to form a substantial plan. There were just no good options and Aelin didn't want to risk any more lives before it was absolutely necessary. She was on her way to a meeting to make a final decision on what the next step would be when a letter appeared in front of her. She grabbed it out of the air, assuming it had been sent to her by some type of magic unknown to her. She opened and scanned its contents, cursing as she read. It was from Chaol in the Southern Continent where he was with Nesryn, still healing from his fractured spine. Aelin finished reading the letter and stormed into the tent that had been set up and warded to prevent any prying eyes or ears from discovering what they had been planning; though not that much had actually been decided. Everyone was waiting in the tent for her to begin the meeting. Before anyone could say anything she spat out, "Chaol sends his regards from the Southern Continent and calls for our aid in the lands beyond."

Not that their OWN land needed protecting, she thought with frustration, why couldn't their ever be just ONE problem to deal with at a time. She tossed the letter onto the table that her court stood around, waiting for her to elaborate on her previous statement. She nodded at Lysandra and she picked up the letter and read it out loud so everyone could hear what the letter had said.

It read, "I am sorry to contact you with so little notice but there is war building in this continent and the one beyond that could prove to be extremely destructive if we do not lend our aid. There are other fae, different from you in the continent beyond, in a land called Prythian. The King of Hybern, a country beyond Prythian also ruled by fae, has begun to attack Prythian to get through to the Southern Continent beyond and destroy all of the mortals that live in this land. After the King destroys this continent he may very well decide that he wants to rule your lands as well. If you choose to assist Prythian in their fight against Hybern, I have heard that there are many fae that have unfathomable powers that would ally themselves with you in your fight against Erawan and Maeve. I hope that you make the right decision. –Chaol"

Everyone was silent, considering the potential for powerful allies but also the risks of fighting another, maybe very powerful, enemy. Aelin made eye contact with everyone in her inner circle, considering Chaol's request and the advantage it posed to provide them. "I'm going," she said, "And if everyone is agreed on the necessity of this mission then we will leave as soon as possible. Ansel, Galan, Enda, and Isaias will all stay here with their forces and do what they can to continue the fight here while the rest of us go to face this threat. We should return in 6 months but I will communicate with those of us who remain here in case anything changes." Everyone nodded and Aelin nodded back, "Prepare what you need, we have a long journey ahead of us," she finally said, and swept out of the tent.