Chapter 4: Aelin

It took Aelin and her court two days to reach the human settlement at the edge of the wall separating them from Prythian and another two days to search the length of the wall for a hole to slip through. Just like Chaol to not bother mentioning that the wall was invisible. As they traveled through the forest on the other side of the wall they didn't encounter a single creature, high or lesser fae. This, Aelin assumed, was because of Lysandra , who walked alongside Aelin in the form of a giant ghost leopard, scanning the forest with her bright green eyes. There was a moment when Aelin thought she saw someone watching their treck through the woods with one russet eye and one made completely out of bronze but the face was gone when she blinked so she continued on without saying anything, wondering who it was that had been watching them with such intensity. As they breached the edge of the forest Aelin stopped, staring up at the giant palace that stood in front of them. She looked at Rowan and he nodded and shifted into a hawk in a flash of light and flew high into the air, partially to keep watch but also to impress their potential hosts when he returned. Aelin wanted to make the initial meeting between her and the High Lord of this territory to go as smoothly as possible but she also wanted to make it clear without saying anything that they could handle any threat that came their way with brutal efficiency.

She turned around and faced her court, all those people that had sacrificed so much for her and her people. "I would like to avoid conflict at all costs so please don't say anything to piss anyone off. And yes Aedion, that applies to you too," Aelin snapped as she saw her cousin about to protest her previous statement. "Let me do the talking until they accept our request to stay here until a meeting can be organized and even after that, DON'T get us kicked out." Everyone nodded, albeit reluctantly in some cases, and Aelin turned back around and began walking towards the castle. Her chin was high, the picture of regal grace, as they reached the open gates that lead onto sprawling grounds and saw the two High Fae waiting for them at the entrance. The slightly taller one, Tamlin the High Lord of Spring Aelin assumed, looked at all of them calculatingly, observing their every move. Aelin's eyes narrowed slightly as they met the bronze and russet eyes of the red-haired man standing next to Tamlin, the same eyes that she had seen watching her in the forest.

"Welcome to the Spring Court, I am Tamlin, the High Lord of Spring. As I don't know

any of you, I believe that introductions are necessary before I allow you to enter my home." Aelin nodded, relieved that he didn't appear to be planning to attack them quite yet.

    "I am Aelin Galathynius, Heir to the throne of Terrasen and this is my court. We

have come to request lodging here until all of the High Lords can be gathered to hear our message and what we have come to offer them."

    Tamlin nodded his head, "I must discuss this with my second. I will return with

my response shortly." Aelin nodded her acceptance and watched as Tamlin and the other man walked slightly further into the garden beyond her sight and hearing to discuss her query.