Chapter 12: Dorian

Dorian didn't know what to think about the meeting he had attended the day before. Aelin had been cut throat but, after seeing the people in that room and feeling the atmosphere , it was probably for the best. If Aelin hadn't put forward a strong front those High Lords would have flayed them alive. For the whole meeting Dorian had been a silent observer , trying to feel out their potential allies and those to stay far away from. Beron, the high lord of Autumn, was definitely one to avoid. When Aelin had called out the high lord of night on his mind-searching Dorian had been startled by her brazenness but not what she had pointed out. Dorin had felt the high lord's presence when he first entered his mind. As soon as he felt him he blocked off his more sensitive memories but had chosen to leave the rest open to be sifted through by the phantom claws. He wasn't comfortable with having someone else in his mind so soon after he had gotten it back from the valg prince but Aelin had already sacrificed so much for him and her court, and was prepared to sacrifice even more, so Dorian was willing to make this small sacrifice for her. If they wanted people to start to trust them they would have to give them at east a little information about them. Dorian was yanked out of his thoughts by a loud knocking on the door of his room.

"Come on prissy princess, we don't have all day for you to finish with your prettifying, I can't be late for the meeting and I wanted to talk with everyone before it starts so we can figure out a plan," Aelin barked through the closed door and Dorian grinned, sauntering over to the door and opening it, only to see Aelin and the rest of her court waiting outside his door. Dorian blushed and hurried out the door, closing it behind him and hurrying after Aelin where she was stalking off to wherever she was planning on holding their little meeting, preparing for the long day ahead of him.

***Sorry about the long wait...again. What do you guys think, should I write a chapter from Helion's perspective?? ***