Chapter 6: Lucien

Tamlin paced in his study as Lucien stood silently by the closed door, his own thoughts somewhere else as he contemplated the day's events. He was drawn back to the present when Tamlin sighed sharply, "The High Lords are not going to be happy about this," Lucien only nodded, "Not only did I allow a powerful foreign queen into Prythian, but her and her court seem like they could become fierce opponents if provoked. AND I am calling all the lords away from their courts so they will all be jumpier than usual with their courts vulnerable. I am worried that our court will get caught in the crossfire if something does go down."

" We can take precautions against that, " Lucien said, already planning the wards he would put in place before the meeting. "I'll call the lords tomorrow morning but it will probably be another couple of days before they can come. Some of them might not even bother to come at all."

Their loss, Lucien thought to himself with a smirk. "I am interested to see what these newcomers have to offer and how the other high lords will react." The quiet laughter in Lucien's eyes spread to Tamlin as his shoulders relaxed and he laughed out loud, his eyes full of mirth. Tamlin smirked once again and then they walked out of the study, going to issue the summons that could very well change the whole oncoming war.

Super short chapter, I know but there are some long ones coming up so don't be too upset.