Chapter 8: Rhysand

Rhysand was annoyed; couldn't he have just one week where he could just relax. The mating bond with Feyre was still new and it still bothered him to see her interact with other males. He craved the feeling of being with Feyre, his beautiful mate, and he knew that she did too but they would both have to tamp down on that longing for at least the next couple of days. This meeting of the High Lords that Tamlin had called would take a couple of days minimum and Rhysand didn't want to risk provoking Tamlin- even if he could never hurt anyone with Rhysand there watching him. 

He did have to admit that he was curious about why Tamlin had called such a large meeting so last minute. Rhysand was wary at this sudden attempt by Tamlin to reach out to all the courts, not just the Night Court. He wondered if any of the other Lords would refuse to come. Rhysand had considered staying away but he would rather be aware of what was going on in Prythian than just hide away in Velaris. And anyways,it was too late, he had already accepted the invitation. Feyre, Cassian, Mor, and him were to leave for the Spring Court the following morning, the day of the meeting. 

They would be winnowing in a couple of hours early to give themselves time to prepare. Feyre would definitely need it. The entire week leading up to the meeting she had been distracted and restless. Rhysand had told her that she didn't have to come back to the court that had caused her so much pain but she had insisted. Rhysand was so impressed and proud of her. She was stronger than him in many ways and she proved it in everything that she did, and Rhysand loved her for it. He hated that she had to face Tamlin but she was more than capable of dealing with him. So they were going to the Spring Court the next morning to see what they wanted. Rhysand needed to give himself time to prepare himself to not rip Tamlin to shreds while he was there, but despite Rhysand's own anger towards the High Lord of the Spring Court, Tamlin's fate rested solely in Feyre's hands, and she was much more forgiving than he was. But if Feyre were to decide that Tamlin had to go, Rhysand would be more than willing to raze his court to the ground.