Chapter 4

Emily

The bell for the end of 5th period rang. Yes! I can go see Jasen in the gym. I grab my backpack and run to the bathroom. I stop in front of the mirror and start to fix my hair when Jessica and her minions walk out of some of the stalls. I turned around and started toward the door. "Hey!" Jessica said, "you're the girl Jasen was cleaning up at lunch right?" "Um, yes," I answered. Jessica moved to one of the mirrors applying lip gloss while saying "Well If I were you I would give up on even trying to get Jasen, he obviously likes me more. I mean I'm so much prettier than you and more...developed," She sneers turning back at me. Her minions laugh and they walked toward me. I back up but they corner me. "We'll make sure he won't like you anymore," she says evilly walking up to me. Jessica rips my sleeve off my shirt and pulls at my hair. Her minions join in. Then Jessica punches my face and the others kick my legs so hard I fell. They laugh and walk out of the bathroom. I can feel my face swelling where Jessica punched it. I pushed myself off the floor and walk out of the bathroom. My legs surged with pain so bad, I fell again. I started crying while I ran to the gym. I run to the door and push it open. Suddenly my face hits something hard. I fall backwards to the ground and something fell on top of me. "Hey," Jasen says as he props himself up on his elbows, "Glad I ran into you, it saved me a trip around the school to find you." He was so close, and very warm. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest. I realized that I ran into Jasen, his ripped chest, and fell. I heard the sound of a cameras and looked over. Jasen friends had their phones out and were taking pictures. I look back up at Jasen. We were so close that I could see the blush on his face. He was staring at me, and it made me very uncomfortable because I could feel my face swelling where Jessica hit me. Jasen straightened his arms and pushed himself off the ground. I felt very cold without his warmth against me. He offered his hand, just like he did at the park. I took it and he lifted me up again to my feet. I could feel myself blushing. "What happened," Jasen asks as he noticed how swollen my face was. 'Great,' I thought, 'now he will never like me just like Jessica said.' I was just about to run off to cry when Jasen took my hand. "Jessica and her minions beat me up before I came here." I told him. I felt his hand touch my face and a warmth went through my body at his touch. He turned my face and examine the swollen spot on my face where Jessica punched me. "Are you alright?" he asked with hint of tenderness in his eyes. "Yeah just not very pretty anymore like you probably want in girls," I said. He jerked back in shock and said. "I couldn't care less of what you look like and care more if you are alright because I can't stand it if you're hurt." I blush and smile at him. "I'll be alright." "Good," he said, "because I'm gonna teach you how to play basketball.