Chapter 8

Emily

As soon as I got home I called Kylie and told her everything that happened. "You're the team captain?!" Kylie asked excitedly. "Yes! And that's not the best part," I say with excitement, "Jasen asked me on a date!" "Why would he ask you out?" Kylie said sounding mean. "I think he is just tricking you so he can hurt you," she said, "He wouldn't do that," I said, "He's been really nice to me and he helped me to get on the basketball team." "You should just break up with him right now," she said. "No. I'm going to go on that date with him. I really like him Kylie," I said. I could hear her sigh with frustration, "He is way out of your league. I don't know why he even asked you out." Tears stung my eyes and I hung up. "I'm home!" my big sister Julie yelled from downstairs. I heard her footsteps as she ran up the stairs. I tried to wipe away my tears when she pushed my door open. She smiled big at me when a few tears streamed out of my eyes. "Why are you crying?" she asked concern in her voice. "My best friend was rude when I told her I was asked out by this really cute boy." I told her as a few more tears fell. She sat down next to me and put her arms around me. "Don't cry MeeMee. If she made you cry then she isn't your best friend," Julie said. "But she's the only friend I have and Julie," I told her. "I'm the only friend you need and yes?," she said and hugged me tighter as "please don't call me MeeMee," as I sobbed into her shoulder. "What am I going to do now?" I asked her. "Well for now you can tell me about this cute boy that has asked you out and I'm never gonna stop calling you MeeMee," Julie said. I sighed it was worth a try. So I smiled and told her all about Jasen and about basketball. "You're the team captain?!" Julie yells, " Ya amazed too." I smile and say, "I wouldn't be team captain if it weren't for Jasen." "I haven't even met the boy but he sounds wonderful. I approve of him," She says with a laugh.