Chapter 13

Emily

I was sitting on my porch when a car pulled up. Jasen got out and walked up to me. I stand up and reach down for my homework. Suddenly Jasen grabbed my waist and threw me over his shoulder. "Hey! Put me down!" I yell. "No can do," He said. I couldn't see his face but I knew he smirking. We got to his car. He opened the passenger door and set me down on the seat. He closed my door and ran to the driver's side. He sat down and locked the doors. "Why did you lock the doors?" I asked. "So you wouldn't go get your homework," he said as he started the car. My homework! My mind blanked when Jasen picked me up. I was about to unlock my door when he pushed on the gas. "Hey! Why can't I get my homework?" I ask with anger. "You'll see," Jasen said with a grin. That little turd. Ten minutes later we pulled up in front of the mall. "Why are we at mall?" I ask Jasen curiously. "To cheer you up. Promise you won't argue with me?" he asks, "Oh and by the way happy 19th birthday. Now you're as old as me." 'How did he know it was my 19th birthday?' He got out of the car, walked around, and opened my door. I stood up and he took a bandana out of his pocket. I gave him a questioning look and he smiled at me. His smile was so dreamy. "Just trust me," he said. He walked behind me and tied the bandana over my eyes to make it a blindfold. He took my hand and started walking. "I'm gonna fall Jasen," I said as I stood still. "I won't let you fall," he said as he started walking again. I blushed and with a little hesitation, I followed him. After walking for a few minutes Jasen stopped and stepped behind me. He untied the blindfold and it fell from my eyes. We were in a store full of beautiful dresses. "Why are we here?" I ask Jasen in amazement. Jasen got down on one knee and took my hand. "Emily, will you go to prom with me?" he asks. He pulls out his wallet and says, "I came to buy you a dress." I turn to him and smile, "of course, I would love to go to prom with you but you don't have to buy me anything, you've already done so much for me in the past few months" I say, blushing. "No arguing," he said with a smile, "now go try on some dresses." I saw a hint of admiration in his eyes. I blush and turn away. I walk over to a rack full dresses and pick out a light purple dress. I walk over to another rack and picked out a grayish-blue dress. I turned around and smile brightly at Jasen. He walked over to me and said, "Go try them on. Make sure you show me the dress you want, I'll be waiting out here."I walked into the dressing rooms. I tried on the purple dress first. It was very pretty. I took it off and put on the other dress. Oh, my. It was beautiful and fit perfectly. It brought out some blue in my gray eyes. I walked out of the dressing room, still wearing the dress. I found Jasen sitting in a chair. When he saw me something lit up in his eyes. "You look perfect," he said. I blushed and gave him a quick hug and ran back to the dressing rooms. I changed into my clothes and brought the dress to Jasen. "Are you sure you want to buy it? It's a lot of money," I said, looking up at him. He just smiled down at me and took the dress from my hands. We walked up to the cashier and Jasen paid for my dress. "Now you need to help me pick out a tie," he said as we walked out of the store. I smiled and wondered why he would do this all for me. I wasn't very popular or smart and I certainly wasn't attractive. I felt Jasen's gaze on me and looked up at him. He was smiling. I blushed. We walked into a tie store and I helped Jasen get a tie that matched my dress. When we reached his car we put our stuff in the back seats. We got into the car when Jasen said, "Did I cheer you up?" "you did more than that," I said with a smirk. He blushed and started the car.