Chapter 12

Emily

I sit on my bed trying to get some homework done. 'Tonight we had basketball game, we won and it was so much fun, if we keep up the great work we could make it to finals. I have to thank Jasen he was the one who helped me get on the team.' I thought just then I hear screaming coming from downstairs breaking my thoughts. I run out of my room and down the stairs, just to stop in the middle to find out where the screaming came from. It was my parents. They have been fighting a lot lately. After figuring out where the screaming came from, I shake my head in frustration 'why do they always have to fight' saying in my head while giving out a sigh. Walking back up to my room. I just barely got into my room when I heard things crashing in the kitchen. 'Great' I thought 'tonight is going to be fun'. I take out my phone and text Jasen.

Me: Hey Jasen this is Emily

Jasen: Hey

Jasen: What you up to?

Me: Trying to get homework done it isn't going to well

Jasen: Oh is it ok if I call you

Me: Ya sure

My phone started ringing and his name popped up on the screen. I answered it and was grateful I could hear him over my parents fighting. We had a great conversation talking about basketball and what we could do for our second date. Suddenly I heard something crashed downstairs. "What was that?" Jasen asked, worry threaded his voice. "It's just my parents throwing dishes at each other." I answered. Jasen replied with concern in his voice "Are you in the same room with them throwing stuff?" 'He's cute when he worries about me' I thought. "No they are down in the kitchen. I always try to stay as far as I can when they start fighting." I tell him. I heard a sigh from him. "Would you like me to come get you so you don't have to hear them fight?" he asks. I reply, "You don't have to". I hear him laugh and he says, "I insist I don't want you to be sad when I can do something about it. Get your homework and I'll see you at your house in 5 minutes." I couldn't do anything but laugh. He was so concerned about me, it was cute. So I told him, "I'll be on the front porch, see you soon. Bye". I heard a see you soon and he hung up. Just then my phone beeped.

Jasen: Where do you live?

Me: 4980 south west lake way

Jasen: I should have asked on the phone but I wasn't thinking. Be there in a few

I laugh and grab my homework. I quietly walk downstairs and sneak out the front door. I sit down on the steps and wait for Jasen.