Chapter 9

Emily

After Julie and I finished talking she went to the store to get me some hot chocolate. My dad walked in the front door and yelled, "Emily is your mother home?" "Not yet," I yelled back. "Good I'm going to take a nap so keep your mouth shut," he yelled I heard a door slam, I winced. My dad never showed affection to me. My phone buzzed. It was a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: You're ugly you shouldn't even show your face in public

Me: Who is this

Unknown: The truth. You have no fashion sense

Me: Why are you texting me rude thing

Unknown: I'm texting you the truth. You're ugly and fat and you shouldn't even try

I turned off my phone and started to cry again.

-------------------------------------

I don't know when I fell asleep but when I looked out my window it was dark. Julie was shaking me. "Emily wake up I made you some hot chocolate," she said with a warm smile. I sat up and took the hot chocolate from her. "I had to go to three different stores to find your favorite kind," she said, "but I hope it makes you feel better." She left my room and went downstairs. I siped the hot chocolate, it was perfect. After finishing my hot chocolate I felt a little better. I turned my phone back on and deleted the texts from the unknown number. I lookin through my contacts and saw Jasen really did put his number in my phone. I smiled and went to bed.