Chapter 1

Emily

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Ugh, monday. I hit the snooze button and roll out of bed.. An hour later I walk out the door and head to my best friend Kylie's house. I walk down my street and take a right. I turn into the park, it's a little shortcut. I take out my phone and start texting Kylie.

Me: I'm in the par-

When everything goes black. What happen? My eyes flutter open. I'm laying down on cement and this guy, this really cute guy is leaning over me. "Hey are you okay? You took a hit in the head with a basketball. You were out for like 10 minutes," he says in a low voice. I stare into his handsome, chocolaty brown eyes. "Oh y-yea, I'm fine," I stutter. "Good," he says, "by the way my name is Jasen," He smiles down at me. Jasen? Jasen Wood? The most popular guy in school? He stands up and holds out his hand. I take it and he lifts me up. Wow, he's strong, and tan, and very cute. "I-I'm Emily and thanks for helping me," I blush and walk backwards slowly and wave, "Bye." I turn and start to walk to Kylie's house again. 'Why did I have to stutter? Why did I have to wave? I'm so stupid.' "Wait," Jasen said. I felt his hand grab mine and I turned around. I felt my face heat up. "You left this," he said handing me my phone. "Thanks," I say with a smile. "By the way I put my number in it, you should text me sometime," He said as he walked away.