Chapter 3

Emily

'Ring, ring, ring'. I walk out of second period and go to the lunchroom. Kylie meets me right outside the door. "Tell me everything," she says as we go in and get our food. So I tell her about what happened at the park. Then I told her about first period and the note. "He wants you to meet him after school?!" she said excitedly. "Ya I'm so nervous," I say. "You shouldn't be Jason Daves is like chill. Not very cute but chill," She said as she took a bite of her hamburger. "Who's Jason Daves?" I ask. "Isn't he the guy you met?" she asked with her mouth full. "No. I was talking about Jasen Wood," I say and take a bite of my apple. Kylie's jaw drops and her foods falls onto her plate. "Could you try to keep your food in your mouth?" I ask, "also don't talk with your mouth full that's gross." I look at her and her face was unreadable. "What's the big deal?" I say still trying to read her face. After wiping her mouth with a napkin she answered "Jasen Wood is like the hottest guy in school. Jessica Purl has been after him for years. How did you get him to notice you?" she asks me with a voice that implies she thought I was stupid. "Um, he hit me on the head with a basketball. I told you that already," I said taking a sip of milk.. Just then Jasen walked by and winked at me. I spit my milk out all over Kylie. Jasen's friends laughed and walked away. "Oh my gosh Emily!" Kylie cried out, "why did you do that?" Kylie was trying to wipe herself off and trying not to laugh. (It wasn't working) "That was disgusting, go get me some napkins and try not to embarrass yourself again." I get up without saying a word. 'That was so embarrassing! I could've just smiled or even winked back but no I had to spit my milk all over my bestfriend!' I thought as I reached for the napkins when someone puts their hand on mine. I look to my left and see it was Jasen. "Allow me," he said with a grin," That was pretty impressive." I feel my face grow hot. "Not even, that was the most embarrassing thing I've ever done in my life," I say as I move my hand to my side. He takes a napkin and wipes my mouth and chin. His touch was delicate and sent tingles through my body. In the corner of my eye I could see Kylie with her mouth wide open. I felt my face burning with embarrassment, having Jasen help clean up my little clumsy mess. "You're so pretty," he said as he lowers his hand and smiles his crooked smile at me. I blush even more. "Jasey!", a voice screams out. We both look over to where the voice came from. Ugh, it was Jessica. I could see that Jasen was not excited to see her either. "Excuse me," he said as he ran across the lunchroom and out the doors. I giggled at how weird he ran to get away from Jessica. I grab a handful of napkins and walk back to Kylie right before the bell rang.