Chapter 5

Jasen

We walk over to my friends and they hurry to put their phones away. "Guys this is Emily. I'm going to teach her how to play basketball," I say. I raked my hand through my hair and smile down at Emily. She looks away but I could see she was blushing. Just then my friend Ben made some kissy noises. "Shut up Ben," I say. I grab Emily's hand and lead her to the bleachers. She sets down her backpack and I grab a basketball. I lead Emily towards the hoop to have her shoot a few hoops. As I was about to show Emily how to shoot some of my friends made kissy noises. I shot them a look to make them stop but they just laughed and kept doing it. I ignored them and turned my attention back to Emily. "How much do know about basketball?" I ask. "I know pretty much everything, except how to get it into the hoop," she said, sounding embarrassed. She smiled up at me. I grinned and I turn her around facing towards the hoop. I step behind her and reach around her. I grab her wrists and she flinched. My friends started going 'ooooo' and 'awwww' and they also started singing very off key "Jasen and Emily sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g." I shot them a death glare and they stopped. I turn back towards Emily and started lifting her arms. "You need to aim it just right and apply a perfect amount of force to get it into the hoop," I say and smile down at her. She looks up at me and stutters,"O-ok-k," and gives me a crooked grin. It was so hot. She turned back at the hoop and aimed at the hoop, I had to adjust it and told her why. I helped her throw it and it went in. I went and got the ball. "Now you try," I said. She took the ball and aimed it like I showed her. She threw the ball and just barely missed. Her face flashed with disappointment. I told her to keep on trying as I gave her the ball again. She aimed again and concentrated a little more then threw the ball and made the hoop. She jumped up with excitement and turned around and hugged me. She immediately drew back and blushed with embarrassment and said, "Sorry." "I didn't mind," I said and grinned at her. My friends started to make kissing noises again. Her blushed deepened. "Now let's work on dribbling," I say. She grabs the basketball from me and dribbles it to the other side of the court. She aims toward the hoop, throws the ball, and sinks the shot. "Wow," I said in awe, "For never playing basketball before you're pretty good." She gave me a proud smile and said "Thanks, I did say i knew all about it, I'm also a really fast learner. We should hangout again sometime," she said and walked over to the bleachers and grabbed her backpack. "Same time tomorrow? But in the park," I ask. "Looking forward to it," she said smiling and walked away. I blushed as I watch her go. My friends came over. Ben patted my back and said, "She's a keeper but why was her face swollen?." I looked back at him and said, "Jessica." I walked over to the bleachers and grabbed my backpack.. I thought of Emily the whole way home.