Chapter 10

Jasen

I was sitting on the bench next to the basketball court when Emily walked up with a big grin on her face. "Ready for our date?" I asked her. "Definitely," she said. I stood up and grabbed her wrist. I linked her arm through mine and we started walking. Five minutes later we reach the movie theater. We walk up to the ticket booth and I say, "Two tickets for that panda movie please." I give the worker money and he hands me the tickets. We go inside to get some popcorn and soda. "What kind of soda do want?" I asked Emily. "Oh I'll just have water," she said politely. "Buzz kill," I say with a cough. She then punched me and smiled a cute grin and said "shut it". We went into theater 6 and found our seats. As the movie started I reached down to grab some popcorn and was surprised to find Emily's hand. My face grow hot and I felt Emily pull her hand away. A little bit after I saw Emily reach down for more popcorn so I reached down and grabbed her hand. I felt her flinch but then she laced her fingers through mine. I blushed and looked over at her. The theater was dark but I could still see she was blushing. I smiled and turned back to the movie. When the movie was over Emily let go of my hand. I grabbed the popcorn and we headed out. "That movie was so cheesy," I said as I throw away the popcorn. Emily smiled and said, "But it was a great date. Thanks for taking me." We walk out of the theater and I say with a bow, "May I walk you home m'lady." "Why certainly sir," she said and pretended to curtsy. We both laughed and started walking. As we were walking home our hands keep colliding. When Emily laced her fingers through mine, I blushed and smiled. Suddenly Emily's phone beeped. She took it out and looked at the text, tears started to form in those beautiful gray eyes. As the tears fell I took my free hand to wipe the tears away from her freckled cheek. She looked up at me and gave me a fake smile. I knew she was lying, "What's wrong?" I asked with concern. "Nothing," she lied, her voice hoarse. Her phone was still in her hand so I decided to do something about it. I wrapped my arms around her and she froze so I hurried and grabbed her phone and put it above my head so she couldn't get it. "HEY!" She cried "give that back.". "If you want it," I said with a smirk "come get it". So she tried to jump for. So I laughed because she was about 5 foot and I was 6 feet and 2 inches tall. I turn on her phone and read the text messages. These are horrible. "Who is this?" I asked Emily, my voice threaded with concern. "I don't know," She answered, "but they keep sending me these horrible things and making me cry." Tears started pouring out of her pretty gray eyes. I wrapped my arms around her and she buried her face into my chest and started sobbing. I bent my head down and kissed the top of her head.