Chapter 14

Emily

It's lunch time and Jasen was teaching me a few more basketball tricks with his friends. I was laughing and having so much fun. So much fun I almost forgot all the drama that has been happening. It was nice for Jasen and his friends to hang out with me since I had no other friends to hang out with since Kylie left me. As Jasen was teaching me how to fake turning to mess up the other players, Jessica and her minions passed us with Kylie next to them. As they were walking past I heard them laughing and saw them pointing. 'Why are they pointing and laughing' I wondered 'is there something on my face or what?' They stopped at the other side of the court and they just pointed and laughed towards me. I heard them talking about how ugly and clumsy I was. I looked at Jasen and I could see that he could hear them too and wasn't happy about it. He yelled at them to stop but they just laughed and turned around and I heard Kylie say "I can't believe he's hanging out with her she so..." I couldn't hear what she called me but I was sure that it wasn't nice. I felt like crying. Jessica then started walking over to Jasen "Hey Jasey, so I don't have a date for the prom and I was wondering, no I wasn't wondering I want you to be my date." I felt anger stir up inside, that girl had the nerve to ask him to prom when he wasn't even interested in her. I heard Jasen answer, " Sorry Jessica but I already have a date for the prom" he then walked over towards me and put his arm around my waist. He continued "I'm taking Emily sorry but your going to have to find someone else Jessica." As he leaned down and kissed the top of my head. She looked like she was shocked at the news but shook it away and said "whatever," she gave me a death glare before she flipped her hair and walked back to her friends. 'What did I ever do to that woman to get that glare' I thought not knowing the answer to it.

-------------------------------------------

The next day after basketball practice I ran into Jessica. "Hey freak," She said, "How was practice." I walk past her without saying anything. "Don't you dare turn your back on me," She yells, "You know if you disappeared the world would be a better place. Just go kill yourself." Her and her minions walk away laughing. I start crying and run to the park. I find Jasen at the basketball court and stop in front of him. He looks at me with concern and wraps his arms around me. I put my hands on his chest and cry into it. "What happened?" Jasen asked. "Jessica," I say. "Let me drive you home," he says. We walk to his car and get in. He turns on the radio and starts singing. "I'm walking on sunshine," he sings very off key. "Stop," I laugh. "What, you don't like my singing?" he asks. I shake my head while laughing and Jasen started laughing with me. He pulls up in front of my house and I get out. "Thanks for cheering me up," I say. He smiles at me and I close the door.