Chapter 18

Kylie

"Jessica, what we did was wrong. Weren't the texts enough?" I say as me and Jessica walked through the park. I felt horrible. 'What did I just do to my bestfriend? I need to fix this.' "Oh well. Now she's out of the way of Jasen," she says. "You're a horrible person. Jasen hates you and that will never change," I say. She glares at me. I run out of the park and toward Emily's house. I quietly open her front door and go upstairs into her room. Emily isn't in here, that's weird. I notice a piece of paper on her bed. I grab it and read it. 'What have I done?' I thought. I run out of the house and head to the park. I find Ben there, 'just who I need' I thought. I ask him, "Where's Jasen?" "At his house. Why?" He replies. "Take me to him. Please," I say. He gives me a questioning look and I give him the note. He takes it reads it. Looking up with concern and questioning in his eyes. I rolled my eyes and explained, "I found that on Emily's bed, I think she's going to kill herself." His face flashed with concern and he nodded. He starts running and I follow him. A few minutes later we walk up to a house. I knock and a women opens the door. "Is Jasen home?" I asked urgently. She looks past me and see's Ben. She gave him a questioning look and then looked back at me. "Yes, I'll go get him," She said. She turned around and walked up some stairs. "Do you think she's okay?" Ben asks with concern. "I don't know but, I sure hope so," I reply with worry in my voice.