Chapter 20

Jasen

I walked into the hospital to visit Emily. She has been in a coma for 3 weeks. I reach her room and walk in. Suddenly one the machines stopped beeping and a bunch of doctors rushed in. A nurse walked over to me and said, "I'm sorry but you're going to have to wait outside."I walk out of the room but I look over my shoulder to see that Emily wasn't breathing. 2 nurses pushed me out of the room and close the door. I hear a man yell "CLEAR" and then a shocking noise. Then the man yelled, "NO PULSE, AGAIN." "CLEAR," 'shocking noise', "NO PULSE, AGAIN." "CLEAR," 'shocking noise' I cringe as tears run down my cheek.s "PULSE WE HAVE A PULSE!" I fall on my knees and lightly laugh with relief. The door opens and I run in. The doctor stops me and says, "She should wake up in the next few days." I smile and hug him, "Thank you so much." I let go and run over to Emily. I sit down on the bed and kiss her forehead.

------------------------------------------- 

The next day I wake up in the chair by Emily's bed. I look down at her and say, "I love you." Her eyes flutter open and she stares up at me. "I love you too," she says with a smile. She's alive! I lean down and kiss her. She smiles and kisses me back.