Late Night

I heard a small tapping on my window. I groaned and pulled a pillow on top of my head, drowning it out. It continued on and I huffed, standing up and heading over to it. I looked out expecting a cat or something but instead saw Peter.

"Peter? Are you nuts?" I hissed letting him inside. He gave me a goofy smile as he came in.

"I couldn't sleep." he whispered. I sighed knowing he had nightmares about me. I rubbed his shoulder and embraced him into a hug.

"I'm fine Peter." I reassured him. He gave me a squeeze and I felt his breathing into my neck.

"Iknowbutstill." he mumbled, the vibrations tickling my neck.

"How will May react once she sees you've gone?" I asked as we headed over to my bed.

"I told her I was at Ned's sleeping over." he said.

"It's 2 in the morning Peter."

"I did go to Ned's, but left because of a dream I had." he said stroking my cheek. I nuzzled my hand into his and sighed.

"You're lucky it's a Friday." I teased, laying onto the left side of the bed. He took his place on the right, wrapping me in his arms. I always whined to Tom how I needed to transfer to a Queen's bed but he denied it, saying we would be farther apart.

He nuzzled his face into my neck and kissed the crook of it.

"I love you." he said in my ear. I turned my head towards him and smiled.

"I love you too."

We laid there, me in my pajamas and him in his jeans and shirt. I couldn't fall asleep knowing he was uncomfortable.

"Peter?"

"Mmm?"

"Did you pack some pajamas?" I whispered.

"Uhm... I only packed sweats and a sweater." he whispered back.

"Aren't you uncomfortable?" I asked.

"A little. Let me change." he said, the bed creaking softly as he got up.

He walked over to his duffel bag and dug out his sweats. He fumbled with the bag and a small groan escaped his lips. I propped my arm up and rested my head on it.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"I left my grey sweater over at Ned's." he said. I bit my lip.

"I doubt you'll want to sleep in mine."I smiled, imagining Peter in a baby blue tank top or one of my button ups. He sighed and changed into his sweats, unbuttoning his polo shirt a bit and peeling it off over his head. I blushed as I saw how fit he was.

"Like what you see?" he teased.

"Shut up." I chuckled. He came over and laid on top of me, letting out a small sigh. I giggled and shoved him off, him falling to my side.

"Rude." he said, bringing me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. It was beating a little fast.

"Your heart..." I said.

"You make it go like that." he said, moving the hair out of my face.

"Will you ever not be cheesy?" I smiled.

" I don't think so." he said pulling me closer and leaning in for a kiss. Our lips touched and I felt warm inside.

"Did I tell you that I love you?" he said, placing his forehead on mine.

"I think so."

"Well I'll say it again. I love you."

And with that, we fell asleep, cuddling to preserve heat on that cold night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, I woke up to Peter's arms wrapped around me, his breathing tickling the back of my head. I smiled and turned to face him, nuzzling my face into his chest. His arms wrapped around me and I fell back asleep, his lips placing a kiss onto my forehead.