One Call Away

“H-hello?” I said, half awake.

“Hello darling.” a familiar voice said.

“Tom? Babe do you have any idea on what time it is?” I yawned. He chuckled over the phone.

“Pretty early for you I’m guessing.” he said. I looked at the alarm clock on my nightstand and it read 3 in the morning.

“No. 3 a.m is totally late for me.“I joked. He laughed and there was silence on his end.

“Tom…..? Tommy?” I said once I didn’t get an answer the first time.

“I’m here Love.”

“Is something wrong?” I asked, sitting up in bed, wide awake now.

“Not really.. I just… Really miss you. And the sound of your voice… And waking up next to you.” he said. I smiled.

“Well… It’s no fun without you too Tom.” I said, moving to sit on my stomach.

“Keep talking.” he said. I hinted a smile in his tone.

“I miss waking up and you showering me in kisses. I miss your hugs and your hands. I love playing with your fingers.“I said, smiling. He chuckled and I continued.

“I also miss the way you would sneak little kisses and act like you didn’t do it. I miss the way you smell. I sleep in your hoodie every night.” I said, sniffling.

“Oh don’t cry Love.” he whispered. I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath.

“I can’t help it Tom.” I sniffled.

“I have a surprise for you.” he said.

“What kind of surprise?” I asked.

“Why don’t you head down to the lobby to see.” he said.

“Tom… It’s too early.” I said.

“Just do it.” he said. I sighed and slipped on some shoes, wrapping myself in a blanket and went down to the lobby, the elevator freezing. I got down and saw nobody.

“Okay… I’m here.” I said.

“Okay. Head over to the snack shack.” he instructed. I shuffled over and sitting on top of the table was a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

“Oh Tom…” I said, touching my mouth with my hand and examining the flowers. He chuckled over the phone.

“You like them?"

“Like them? I fucking love them Tom. I just wish you were here giving me them.” I said.

“Well… Turn around then.” he said. I turned around and there was nobody

“Wha-”

“Did you really turn around?” he said laughing.

“You’re a dick Tom.” I said. I felt arms wrap around me and I panicked, hitting them in the gut with my elbow. A groan came from both the person and from my phone. I turned and saw Tom on the floor, clutching his stomach.

"Tom! Oh my god I’m so sorry.” I said kneeling down to comfort him.

“Nah. It’s my bad.” he groaned, sitting up. I tackled him into a hug and he chuckled.

“I missed you. You ass.” I said.

“I missed you too darling.” he said in my hair. We looked at each other and he placed a soft kiss on my lips, bringing tears to my eyes.

“Oh Love…” he said, wiping a tear away.

“I’m okay. I’m just happy.” I said, laughing a little. He smiled and I helped him stand up.

“I’ll have someone bring that up later. But right now…” he said, bringing me closer to him. “Let’s go spend some time together.”

We made our way up to our apartment where we attacked one another.

“God I hate traveling.” he said carrying me to the bedroom. I laughed and bit his lower lip.

“I hate when you do.” I said as he lifted my shirt up. He smirked and climbed on top of me, covering me with kisses.