Jealousy Issues

No amount of alcohol could take away what I'm seeing now, so I deny the shot a bartender offered me. I wasn't drinking any alcohol at all, so Liam knew something was up. He made his way to me, slipping past intoxicated couples. "Louis, what's wrong?" He breathed. He followed my eyes and they also landed on Harry. My eyes watered over and I felt like an idiot. Liam scowled and shook his head. "What's wrong with you two? What happened?" "I don't know. He told me he's jealous because a girl might get at me. And then we... Well, we kissed a couple of times, one of his doing, but he pulled away both times. I think he's having second thoughts. And here he his, letting a girl grind against him," I grumbled out the story. "Make him jealous back. That's all he's trying to do." "How? Harry won't get jealous over any girl in here. He's smart. He grabbed the hottest one." "So... I know! Here. Put your hand on your shoulder and face me." "Why?" "Just do it!" I sighed and placed my hand on his shoulder, looking him in the eyes. "Now laugh." "Liam, this is ridiculous." "No, it's not! Harry grabbed a beautiful girl. You grabbed one of his best mates." "He knows you're straight." "He also knows that you aren't." I thought about it for a second. That's the thing. I'm only Harry's. No other guy could pull me from Harry. Absolutely not. I don't see all guys like that, I don't see any like that. Except Harry. Speaking of Harry, I notice his eyes on me, so I bust into fake laughter, Liam joining along. Liam brushes back my hair and it feels so real that I almost pull away. I feel myself getting uncomfortable but Liam gives me a reassuring smile. He's Liam. It's just Liam. "You know, Louis... Harry really does love you," Liam said, smiling wider. "I love him." "I bet you'd love him more if he didn't look like he was going to kill me," Liam pointed out. I glanced at Harry and was shocked to see him making his way towards us. I know he's had a few drinks because he was stumbling. "Louis, what are you doing?" He snapped. "Certainly not you," I fire back, moving my hand to Liam's wrist. Harry's eyes flicker towards my hand and he looks up at me, slowly. His eyes narrow dangerously. "Are you serious?" "Maybe." Harry scoffs, looking at Liam. "Because that's going to happen. Not everyone's gay, Lou. Get over that." That stung, way deep down it really stung. "You know what Harry?" I start, letting go of Liam's wrist. "I don't know what your problem is tonight, but it's making me second guess everything." "Like what? Do you want to go back to Eleanor? Marry her?" We stand there in silence. Liam looks between us before taking off. "I knew this was ridiculous," I said finally, turning away from him and taking of. But Harry was quick. He caught up and twisted me me face him. "I'm sorry. Please, Lou Bear. It's just a lot, going through this with you," Harry explained, looking desperate. "I'm scared," I admit, frowning. "Me, too. I'm so scared, Lou. But not of what people will think or anything like that. I'm scared of losing my best friend, my one and only." I smile at the end and Harry grins in success. And that's when that stupid girl Harry had showed up. "Harry, let's dance again," she said excitedly, tugging on his hand. I sort of lost it, pulling Harry to me. I then crashed my lips to his. Big mistake.

~~~

"Fuck!" I yelled, slamming my hand against the wall. Harry stepped in my room in just boxers, eating a banana. "What's wrong, love?" He mumbled. "The fucking paps. This can't be happening," I groaned. Harry sat on the bed as I paced around angrily. He took the remote and turned up the Telly. "What is it? This is commercial." "Wait... Just wait." It took a second before-

"And now we're back! So, as I was saying, there was something scandalous going on at a club in London the other night," the woman on the television said, grinning like a Chester cat. It was Camille, the top-rated, London gossip show's host. "We have several photos of boy band members Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles snogging in the club. It was just a rumor, but it seems the fan's daydreams of Larry Stylinson are real! What do you say to that, Directioners?"

I shut the Telly off just as the pictures appear. By several she means like ten. "This is your fault, Harry!" I growl, snatching the pack of cigarettes from my bedside table. He watches me with careful eyes. He hates when I smoke, but I light one anyways. "Louis... This isn't just my fault. Most if it is, but you did kiss me first. And a lot more after." He paused while I place the cigarette between my lips. "But... At least they didn't get much of what happened after," he tried to joke. But this wasn't funny. Right on cue, my cell phone rang. I answered it, knowing exactly who it was. Our personal life manager, Karen. "'Ello?" "Louis Tomlinson! I told you to watch what you and Harry let the public see!" She nearly screamed. "This is none of your business! Harry and I can tell the world what we'd like and our true fans will understand," I find myself saying. Harry's emerald eyes meet mine and I look away, puffing out smoke. "Are you smoking?" She snaps. "Yes, but that's not the point. The point is that you don't run my life. I'm pretty sure we found that out when you almost lost all of the lads and I. I'd watch myself if I were you." "Are you threatening me? I hate to put it to you, Louis, but the other boys want to sign this contract for another three years. Are you going to disappoint them?" Karen snarled. "They'll understand." "Sure, they'll understand. But that's really selfish, Hun. I need to go. You and Harry need to announce it to the public." "What? I thought-" "Well, we need to crush the rumors. Might as well just make it official, story included. It'll cause trouble, but it'll also cause lots of attention. Good day." She hung up. Harry looked expectantly at me. "You know what, Harry?" "What?" "Jealousy is a bitch." With that, I flicked my cigarette out the window and grabbed my MacBook.