Chapter 12: The Chat

Louis's P.O.V

We were at the park, and honestly, my thoughts broke loose! I was so tired of holding it in that I like Heather. I kept on smiling like nothing was wrong when Harry was with her, but it hurt on the inside. 

I grabbed Heather's hand, and we ran towards the swings. I swear, I could hold on toher hands forever. Harry pulled her away. WHAT THE BLOODY HELL. I HAD to tell him that I liked her, because he was taking it too far. 

I chased Harry away from Heather. Grabbing his sleeve, I literally dragged him to a small enclosed area hid by trees. 

"What's wrong Lou? Give up so easily?" He said, still laughing at the fact that I hadn't been able to catch him. "Seriously though, what is wrong, do you need to tell me something?"

Harry was my bestfriend. I knew he'd understand. "Harry, I like Heather. NO - I LOVE her. I almost FORGET about Eleanor everytime I think of Heather. What the hell do I do?"

Harry grew silent. "Louis, I'm so sorry. I...love...her too. I liked Jenna, but she never took an interest to me, never talked to me. I don't understand. Heather's been my bestfriend, and I just, really like her." He paused, pushing his hair out of his eyes. "NO. I've known Heather all my life. I can't like her. I don't KNOW what I'm doing anymore, Louis! It's like I'm just playing with girls because I can't get over Caroline. But I hate her...I'm so sorry - I should talk to Heather about this. I shouldn't have fooled around with her. I knew it meant something."

I shushed him. I wanted to help Harry, because he had been there for me ever since the band had started. I hugged him, wondering what I'd do without him. "It's okay, Hazza." I smiled, "We'll do this together. Oh yeah-And don't tell anyone about this."

That night, we went back home, and I was thankful that he didn't like Heather, even though he had played with her feelings. It hurt me to think that she did feel something for Harry.

-----In The Morning----

 Harry's P.O.V

I woke up late in the morning. I'd thought about Jenna a little bit. I never even tried to talk to her. Maybe that's why she wasn't interested. Everyone was up, and Zayn was brushing Maddi's hair. I went to the washroom, washed off, and thought about how I could talk to Heather. 

I ate breakfast hurriedly, while the others watched TV. Heather was still in our bedroom. I quickly came in and closed the door. 

"Heather...I wanted to talk to you about something." I stammered along the next line. "A-a-bout that night..." I sat on the bed, twiddling my fingers.

Her eyes were both sincere and apolegetic. "I know. It should have never happened. I'm sorry if...you know...I put you off in the wrong direction." She sat next to me. "Listen babe, we've been friends ever since we were babies. You're more like my brother than anything else, and I'll always love you." She looked away. "But not in that way." 

"I get it, I've always thought of you a sister. I'm just kind of screwed up right now." The next line, just FELL out of my mouth. "I like....Jenna..." I whispered. THAT WAS NOT PLANNED. 

Heather's eyes widened but she wiped the look away. 

"Harry, I can't believe I'm going to tell you this. You're his best friend, but you're also my bestfriend." She hesitated, eyelashes batting away her hair. 

"Tell me. Please." I urged, I wanted to know what was on her mind. 

 "I love..." She started with a hushed voice. "Louis." She said the name with grace, and she got a dreamy look to her eyes.

The door busted open. "Hey guys, space for one more?" Louis said.

Heather jumped up, frightened. "UH. HI. OKAY. BYE." She darted out of the room like a terrified child.

Louis gave me a long look. 

"WELL, are you going to explain?" 

"I have no idea what the hell that was."