When the Storm Hits

Rachel grips Chloe's shoulder and takes a step forward but the bluenette pulls her back.

'Don't. Please. I got this. Go home now. Text me later. I'll be fine.'
The blonde nods and leaves as the punk walks up to the crying brunette.
'Max?'
'What did you do?' she sobs with her face in her hands.
'She wanted a tattoo.'
'Oh, and I should believe it after all the shit she said the last time!'
'Max...'
'You should've just seen how you two smiled as you stepped out!'
'Max! Listen, please, just listen to me! She wanted a fucking tattoo and I had to do it! I wanted to decline but Matt didn't let me, can you hear me?'
'And I'm gonna believe that was all! Just let me...' she takes some steps but Chloe grabs her arm.
'Don't go! Max! Don't...' she sobs 'She just wants to make things up. Just like you did when you came back to me!'
'She is your fucking ex girlfriend, Chloe!'
'But she also was a great friend! Why can't we just... just...'
'What? Should I let you just reunite? Then just watch it all through as you fall for her again?'
'Max! Why would I...'
'Chloe!' Matt shouts at her, losing his patience 'Live your private life somewhere else! It's a
parlor not a bar!'

The brunette takes a step forward the door but Chloe grabs her wrist again, gently this time.

'Please, don't go...' she whispers.
'Let me go, Chloe'
'Don't go. Please, Max. Don't leave me here. Not like this. Please.'
'Let me go.'
'Don't go' she sobs.
'Let me go!'

The bluenette lets Max go who instantly rushes out. The punk brushes off her face then steps to the counter checking if there are any customers left for today. She grabs her leather jacket and she's already on her way out.

'Chloe! Stop right there!' Matt sits on the counter 'What the hell was that?'
'Nothing'
'I guess people don't cry over a nothing.'
'I don't wanna talk about it, okay?' she sniffles.
'Okay. I like you, but you have to keep fighting outside, okay?'
'Sure.'
'Pull yourself together by tomorrow'
'I'll try.'
'Hey, sit down a little bit.'
The punk sits next to Matt, still crying.
'Listen, Chloe, I know I'm not Darren and you don't know me that well, but I truly like you. Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it? Just a little bit?'
'Just a little bit' she sniffles.
'You seem scared. First fight?'
'Yeah. I mean people would think that we always fight but it's just... you know. Nothing serious. We just play. When we were friends we used to fight sometimes. And that wouldn't be true' she sighs 'I often gave her guilt tripping.'
'Really?'
'I used to be like that' she nods.
'Been together for long?'
'It's... well, it's a little bit more complicated than that. We used to be best friends then she moved to Seattle and we just lost contact. Five years later she returned to Arcadia Bay. More than a year ago we met again.' she sighs 'We had some time together. Then we actually got together in March. We had some fights... I wouldn't even call them fights but arguments, I mean, nothing serious.'
'And the girl... the blondie, who was she?'
'Rachel Amber' she brushes off her face 'When Max left to Seattle she... I wouldn't say she replaced Max, but she was a great friend. Towards the end we had some fun... We actually got together. Then she just vanished. So I was alone and broken again. I wanted to find Rachel. I did everything what that cost. Then I met Max once again and started investigating together. Actually, we never found Rachel and I was very, very disappointed. But during the time we started feeling more for each other. Max and I. But back then, I didn't tell her we were going out. Only the day we got together. Rachel came out of the blue when we held the farewell party. Actually, just hours before the party started she appeared in the parlor, asking for forgiveness and she wanted to start over' she shakes her head.
'Did you say no?'
'Mhm. I was still full of rage. She left me without a word. And I loved Max.'
'Loved?'
'Don't... I love her and you know it. I rejected Rachel but she said it was just not over with that. I mean, I ashamed her in a club, I thought that was a lesson for her, but... she was here today.'
'Did she ask you again?'
'Yeah. I rejected her again. Then she asked for forgiveness. To be friends again. She accepted that I'm in love with Max. She just wants to make things right. Is it that bad?'
'No. But she's your ex you were over the heels for, so... Max has the right to be jealous, you know?'
'Yeah, but... I'd never do that to her! Never!'
'Run off, now!' he sighs 'Make it right, Price! See you tomorrow!'