A Friend in Need

It's very late at night. The bluenette walks back to the bedroom after a shower, wearing her robe she smiles and sits on the bed behind Max. She gently kisses her neck and the photographer sighs, not looking up from her papers.

'I'm not done yet'
'It's very late, baby'
'I have to study. I can't fail tomorrow'
'If you push yourself further your brain won't work tomorrow. Everything will slip that little dome of yours and then you may fail. If you exhaust yourself it's exactly as good as no studying at all. Have a little rest. It's almost midnight, Max'
'I'm so not ready for this' she sighs.
'You've studied a lot. Everything will be fine. I'm sure about that'
'Thanks' she drops the papers on the floor and faces the tattooist 'And what's under your robe?' she grins as she kisses the bluenette.
'Nothing' she whispers to the brunette's ear 'What if you'd just take your top and shorts off?'
'You'd love that'
'You started it!' she giggles, gently kissing the photographer's neck.
'You're right. I'm really tired though. But...' she gets rid of her T-shirt 'I may sleep better after you fucked me hard' she grins.
'Let's not fuck it up this time' she grabs her phone 'I'll set the alarm now. Last time I was late Matt almost ripped my head off. Plus, you're taking an exam tomorrow. No sleeping in this time.'
'You're so responsible' she laughs then wraps her arms around Chloe's neck.
'You changed me' she smiles but goes on as she sees worry in the brunette's eyes 'for the better'
'You definitely changed' she kisses her 'You're growing up.'
'Maybe' she caresses Max's back.
'I'm so happy with you'
'So am I' she smiles and kisses her neck.

The punk gets on top. She's halfway through the photographer's upper body when knocking interrupts them. She frowns and sighs. Who could that be at this hour? She looks into the brunette's eyes.

'You invited someone?'
'At this hour?'
'I'm gonna go check'
'But hurry back' she winks.
'If I catch you studying' her hand is already on the door handle 'I'm gonna punish you'
'I'll think about it' she giggles.

Chloe walks to the main door, sighs once again then opens it. She faces Rachel. At first she thinks she got her hands on some weed because her eyes are red and puffy. But it can't be, she wouldn't look this terrible if that was the case.

'Sorry' the blonde's words are so quiet they can be hardly heard 'Did I wake you up?'
'We were getting ready... to sleep. Max's taking an exam tomorrow'
'I'm not gonna disturb then. I'd better go'
'Tell me what's wrong' she grabs her wrist.

She bursts out in tears. The bluenette pulls her in and sits her in the living room. She sits before her. She analyzes her for a little. Chloe thinks she knows what's going on. The brunette walks out of the room. She stands behind the punk.

'What happened?' she asks.
'We... broke up.' Rachel quietly says.
'Why?' the bluenette raises an eyebrow.
'Quit acting, Chloe. We all saw it coming. I just can't get it... he... cheated on me'
'What?' Max eyes widen.
'Please don't make me repeat myself'
'With whom?' the punk asks.
'I don't know. He didn't tell. All he said was we grew apart and recently we really had our fights. I mean, he was really tense lately, I guess this whole being Matt's partner thing pushed him to his limits. You know how grumpy he is recently'
'Can't you work it out, Rach?'
'He doesn't want to. He said we're too different now. He needs to be alone. I'm sorry. I didn't know where to go' she covers her face.
The couple exchanges a look.

'Stay the night, Rach' Chloe offers.
'You may move in as well. Until you find somewhere to go. It sounded mean. I didn't... You can stay as long as you want to' she smiles 'Right, Chlo?'
'Sure thing! I can get your things from his flat in my lunch break!'
'That's kind of you' she forces a smile.
'You may stay up' Max stretches 'I have to get some sleep'
'I think it's the better for me too' the blondie sighs.
'I'll make the bed for you' the punk stands up.
'It's okay. I can handle myself'
'Are you sure you're okay, Rachel?'
'I just... need some sleep now.'
'Shall I wake you up in the morning?'
'I'll be fine. Goodnight.'
As Rachel closes the door behind herself, the couple exchanges another look.
'Did we really see it coming?' Max asks.
'I don't really know' she answers quietly after deciding not to talk about her conversation with Darren on New Year's Eve 'They had our fights, but who doesn't? Even we fight sometimes. I bet Matt and Amy have their fights every once in a while. I didn't think things were this bad' she sighs.
'Don't go hard on Darren'
'Well, what else could I do? He just ripped out her heart, Max!'
'I know, I know. Let's get some sleep, okay? Try to relax a little bit'
'Okay' she sighs as she stands up and starts her way back to the bedroom 'I'm just getting hella worried for her'
'What do you mean?'
'I mean she really loves him. She can be tough but she really loves him' she finishes as she sits on the edge of the bed.
'She'll get through him, right? She's a strong girl'
'Yeah, but what if... The tension will be unbearable in the parlor'
'Hey' she lies down 'She'll be alright'
'And...' she grins.
'And?'
'You're not jealous anymore?'
'If you wanted to leave me you wouldn't have given me this' she points at the ring 'Plus, you'd be together by now if you wanted more from her. All I can see between you is friendship. And you're a great friend'
'I don't wanna watch her suffer'
'I know' she snuggles 'She'll be alright'
'I hope so' she turns off the light.
'We'll all be alright' she yawns.
'Aw, isn't my little princess tired?'
'I'm half dead.'
'Sleep tight' she kisses her forehead.
'You too'